Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Is there a way to activate seat auto exit feature?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to activate seat auto exit feature?

Hey all,

Been a bit since I've logged on here, but my folks just purchased a new-to-them 2012 A6 w/ 3.0T, and need a little help with it.

My dad called asking if there was some way to activate the "auto exit" feature that the premium (or prestige) packaged cars have via VAGCOM (whatever package offers the elec adjustable steering wheel - essentially the only package this car DIDN'T have).

This car has the memory seats, but doesn't have the package bump up w/ the electronically adjustable steering wheel (which has this auto exit feature when you shut the car off and the seat slides back).

Since this is just an electronic feature, I'm sure there's a VAGCOM code to handle it, but I haven't been able to find it when searching.

Can anybody help?

Issue is, my mom is pretty short (5'), so when she ends up sitting pretty close to the steering wheel. When the seat doesn't slide back, she ends up hitting the headlight switch with her knee (switching it off auto mode). She can manually slide the seat back/forward, but unfortunately she didn't have to do this with her old Jag s-type, so my dad is trying to find a way to mimic this to minimize the upset. Def "1st world problems" but a convenience nontheless.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks all.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Not positive, but I think the feature found only in the Prestige trim includes motors that move the steering wheel which are probably not present in the Premium and Premium Plus since they use a different manual adjust mechanism. If that's the case, unfortunately, VCDS coding would not be of any help.

BTW, there is no auto exit seat slide back on any NA C7 A6 trim that I'm aware of.

Last edited by snagitseven; 03-14-2014 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Not positive, but I think the feature found only in the Prestige trim includes motors that move the steering wheel which are probably not present in the Premium and Premium Plus since they use a different manual adjust mechanism. If that's the case, unfortunately, VCDS coding would not be of any help.

BTW, there is no auto exit seat slide back on any NA C7 A6 trim that I'm aware of.
This isn't as much of an issue as the wheel moving (agree, there are no motors on the non-prestige trim - it's a manual adjust steering wheel), but thought the seats slid back... at least, that's what my dad seems to believe. I've never sat in one w/ a prestige package, so I can't comment personally.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Is it possible for Mom to change the the seat to Dad's position for exiting?
Old 03-14-2014, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jretal
This isn't as much of an issue as the wheel moving (agree, there are no motors on the non-prestige trim - it's a manual adjust steering wheel), but thought the seats slid back... at least, that's what my dad seems to believe. I've never sat in one w/ a prestige package, so I can't comment personally.
The easy entry feature as it is called only moves the steering in the C7. I know the A8 has where the seat moves back but not sure about any other cars. As mentioned above, the only workaround right now is to hit the other memory seat position so the seat moves back and gives you some room to get out.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the Acura MDX and in the Infinti FX35 that we owned the seat and the steering wheel move out to the way to exit. Not sure about other cars.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Is it possible for Mom to change the the seat to Dad's position for exiting?
Yes, that is possible. Issue is, you have to hold the preset (#1 - Mom, #2 - Dad) #1 for it to go back to the proper driving position vs. push and release and seat goes back where it belongs. This is at least w/ the door closed. With the door open, you can push and it'll move, but I don't think my mom can reach the button when the door is open and she's seated. I only went with them to pick the car up, so I haven't been with them as she's "nestled" into this one.

So the Audis with the prestige package only had the steering wheels move vs. the seat and wheel, huh?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Can't she just press memory 2 while seated with the door closed and then exit the car? Then upon reentering, it will either still be in memory 2 where it was last or if not, she can open the door and press the memory 2 before entering. Then once the door is closed and she's seated, push the button 1 for her driving position. The memory buttons will work with the door open or closed, seated or not.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jretal
Yes, that is possible. Issue is, you have to hold the preset (#1 - Mom, #2 - Dad) #1 for it to go back to the proper driving position vs. push and release and seat goes back where it belongs. This is at least w/ the door closed. With the door open, you can push and it'll move, but I don't think my mom can reach the button when the door is open and she's seated. I only went with them to pick the car up, so I haven't been with them as she's "nestled" into this one.

So the Audis with the prestige package only had the steering wheels move vs. the seat and wheel, huh?
Yep, the prestige will only move the steering wheel. I looked into VCDS pretty heavily to see about turning on the feature for the seats but it just isn't possible. The hardware module isn't present because the seats are different. Its too bad because in addition to making it easier to get out of your car, it saves some wear on your side bolsters so you don't rub on them as much.