Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Well - that didn't take long. Looks like 3.0 TDIs are also affected by Dieselgate!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Who's to say the illicit software modifications were exactly the same across the brands or engines or that the fix(es) will be the same?
Well, since Audi did a stop sale on all of the models as did Porsche, I think an educated guess can say they're kissing cousins.

So I took a moment to re-read the CARB notice to VW and they have 45 business days to submit the recall plan based on Nov 25th letter. That's Feb 2 (next week). Also with respect to the 3.0L TDI, VW, Audi and Porsche certified separately so they all need to come up with their own plans for certification and approval, separately. The CARB notice was clear about this.

So next week we'll certainly know more.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014a6tdi
Well, since Audi did a stop sale on all of the models as did Porsche, I think an educated guess can say they're kissing cousins.

So I took a moment to re-read the CARB notice to VW and they have 45 business days to submit the recall plan based on Nov 25th letter. That's Feb 2 (next week). Also with respect to the 3.0L TDI, VW, Audi and Porsche certified separately so they all need to come up with their own plans for certification and approval, separately. The CARB notice was clear about this.

So next week we'll certainly know more.
That was my point. No doubt conceptually, the illicit changes VAG instituted across brands, models and engines were directly related however, the specific software modifications were likely not exactly the same for all. Therefore, it's taking VAG time to re-engineer the solutions and submit the changes and for approval for each of the different mods. It wouldn't be surprising if VAG requests time extensions.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

No time extension (no detail either):

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vw-sub...--finance.html

News Release: 2016-02-02 Air Resources Board confirms receipt of recall plans for Audi, Porsche and Volkswagen 3.0 liter diesels

And the audi website talking about diesel information still says "...we've recieved notice from regulators ..." so the official Audi site is unhelpful. I was hoping they'd at least update with something more appropriate.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the lemon law / buy back is an interesting option. Are some signed up with an attorney on this front? How would I pick a legitimate one? I purchased a 2016 A6 P+, and did the European delivery, picking up in May 2015.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mya6tdi
Well, the lemon law / buy back is an interesting option. Are some signed up with an attorney on this front? How would I pick a legitimate one? I purchased a 2016 A6 P+, and did the European delivery, picking up in May 2015.
Well, if you went Lemon Law you certainly wouldn't need an attorney. Honestly, times running out on the Lemon Law stuff anyways assuming the EPA/CARB will approve whatever VW/Audi has presented. I'm interested in seeing if there is a goodwill package and settlement (based on the assumption that there is no performance/longevity impact from whatever they are doing)
Old 02-06-2016, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

3.0 TDI Owners, check your eligability on Audi's Diesel site. You are likely now able to enroll in the customer Goodwill program.

You need your full VIN.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

It seems that if you are a ACNA Member, and used your 6% discount to purchase your TDI, you are NOT allowed to partake in this program. Under their posted FAQ/Rules you are dis-qualified, stating that "Your Affected Vehicle was reported sold as an Audi corporate fleet sale."

Being stationed in Japan, I just sent AoA Customer Care an e-mail asking WTF. I'm sure it'll take a few follow up phone calls to sort this out.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NoahWeb
It seems that if you are a ACNA Member, and used your 6% discount to purchase your TDI, you are NOT allowed to partake in this program. Under their posted FAQ/Rules you are dis-qualified, stating that "Your Affected Vehicle was reported sold as an Audi corporate fleet sale."

Being stationed in Japan, I just sent AoA Customer Care an e-mail asking WTF. I'm sure it'll take a few follow up phone calls to sort this out.
Wow, now that would **** me off, especially given that is not all that hard to get at least 6% off without using ACNA. They need to quit being such ****** over a problem that they very clearly created.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NoahWeb

Did you enter your VIN to check for eligibility? I used the Supplier Discount (same 6% as ACNA) to purchase mine and just successfully registered for the goodwill package.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2014 Q5 TDI here purchased new, my vin is not eligible. I will check again in a few days.

Quick Reply: Well - that didn't take long. Looks like 3.0 TDIs are also affected by Dieselgate!