Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Well - that didn't take long. Looks like 3.0 TDIs are also affected by Dieselgate!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
There is no quality or safety stigma with the diesel issue. It's more of a meaningless footnote rather than an issue that has tangible consequences.
What do you see as the health consequences of emissions regulations? Or, is it the low volume of Audi/VW in the overall industry upon which you rely?
Old 11-25-2015, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The public in general has a much more visceral reaction when there are reports of people beiing killed due to an auto safety issue. While the emissions issue is real, they aren't as moved compared to seeing an Audi crashed into a store front on the evening news. Also, pollution of all kinds has been with us for many years including every vehicle ever made to one degree or another. Much like global warming, it's largely ignored except by a few activists, some scientists and the EPA.

My point is that the public has a short memory when it comes to these kinds of things and likely even shorter with an emission issue. Once the fixes are announced, the news cycle won't even pay attention to the scandal -- they are already proccupied with juicier stories like terrorism, Syria and the U.S. election. I haven't seen one mention related to VAG on the TV news stations since before Paris.

So long as Audi (and VW) continue to offer quality, highly engineered autos, they will recover from this faster even than the unintended acceleration blow up that 60 minutes slobbered over.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought about the unintended acceleration, but didn't want to bring up a sore subject. Indeed this will pass, but as noted by folks here, it takes time (as it did with the unintended acceleration issue), and there's very real depreciation when people think there might be an issue in the short and medium term. I've had people mention that when they saw my old A6. This is my point exactly and why TDI owners of any kind should ask for some sort of compensation from Audi. Whether or not they receive it is another question.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sportstick
What do you see as the health consequences of emissions regulations? Or, is it the low volume of Audi/VW in the overall industry upon which you rely?
My comments were aimed at the value of the car after the emissions issue has been corrected, not the impact on the environment.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The public in general has a much more visceral reaction when there are reports of people beiing killed due to an auto safety issue. While the emissions issue is real, they aren't as moved compared to seeing an Audi crashed into a store front on the evening news. Also, pollution of all kinds has been with us for many years including every vehicle ever made to one degree or another. Much like global warming, it's largely ignored except by a few activists, some scientists and the EPA.

My point is that the public has a short memory when it comes to these kinds of things and likely even shorter with an emission issue. Once the fixes are announced, the news cycle won't even pay attention to the scandal -- they are already proccupied with juicier stories like terrorism, Syria and the U.S. election. I haven't seen one mention related to VAG on the TV news stations since before Paris.

So long as Audi (and VW) continue to offer quality, highly engineered autos, they will recover from this faster even than the unintended acceleration blow up that 60 minutes slobbered over.
Agree.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Agree.
On the other hand, now would probably not be the best time to try and sell a VW or Audi TDI.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

My comments were aimed at the value of the car after the emissions issue has been corrected, not the impact on the environment.
Sorry if I misunderstood. As an asthmatic, I may look at these overall issues from a more personal perspective.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have another year left on my lease. Hopefully, dieselgate blows over before lease expires. Every Audi I've leased, I've bought and sold at a profit. Not this time, I think.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Shocking...

Compensation To VW Owners Will Include Loss Of Resale Value : NPR

VW is keeping it real classy on this whole thing. I'm shocked and impressed they are even considering this.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014a6tdi
Shocking...

Compensation To VW Owners Will Include Loss Of Resale Value : NPR

VW is keeping it real classy on this whole thing. I'm shocked and impressed they are even considering this.
Does it include us, Audi owners?

Quick Reply: Well - that didn't take long. Looks like 3.0 TDIs are also affected by Dieselgate!