Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Well, my number finally came up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Add me to the list of people that are glad you're OK.

Sorry to hear about the car.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Good idea. I might get caught up on some TV shows and probably take my wife out to dinner (in her allroad). Oh yeah, I've been meaning to straighten out my socks drawer.
I was meaning stuff more along the lines of clear bra (for the car, not you ) maybe a different grill or diffuser. Small stuff that goes well when body work is already being done.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoost37
I was meaning stuff more along the lines of clear bra (for the car, not you ) maybe a different grill or diffuser. Small stuff that goes well when body work is already being done.
I knew what you meant. I was trying to be cute. (In my defense, I did use a smiley face).
Old 07-12-2015, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank God you are OK. Dashcam I have is Blackvue DW550 2ch with custom firmware straight from Russia when in close it picks up the plates pretty good with increased bit rate. Its always a good proof you din't fall asleep in front of the wheel.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TH3PERFECTON3
Its always a good proof you din't fall asleep in front of the wheel.
I did some research on this and unless he hit my car (he didn't), it wouldn't matter to the insurance company. In this case, I was forced off the road and had there been dash cam proof assuming they could track down the truck driver, unless he actually hit my car, the insurance company still assigns it to me as an "at fault accident" for claim purposes. He might get a summons in arrears if the dash cam proved he swerved into my lane but for insurance purposes, since there was no collision with the truck, it's on me unfortunately. Ridiculous I know, but that's how it works.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Way too harsh there Bob. Got to try and match the punishment to the crime. A good 7 day stomach flu would be an appropriate, measured response.
Well, that is how I would feel, harsh or not. To me the Golden Rule is not "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," but simply "don't **** with others." What could explain or forgive the trucker's actions as you described them? Beats me. If I am wrong then the power I pray to should intervene and keep the guy alive - I am just the human, subject to all the mis-steps that implies.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, me too. Not sure a dash cam would have helped in this case. The res on those things might not have picked up his plate number at the departing speed. Would have been interesting to see me try to keep the car from spinning though.
Oh the dash cams have improved dramatically over the past couple of years. You would be surprised. The rear dash camera from the on the screen view is far better than the car rear cam at night.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Oh the dash cams have improved dramatically over the past couple of years. You would be surprised. The rear dash camera from the on the screen view is far better than the car rear cam at night.
Still, as I said before, if the plate could be read by a dash cam, my insurance company wouldn't go after the trucker since there was no collision with my car. Maybe they report it, he gets a ticket, a slap on the wrist or maybe even fired but it wouldn't change my responsibility for hitting the guard rail. Only some satisfaction I suppose.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

[QUOTE=snagitseven;24704812. Maybe they report it, he gets a ticket, a slap on the wrist or maybe even fired but it wouldn't change my responsibility for hitting the guard rail. Only some satisfaction I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I would see it as justice for a wrong done.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can have it fixed wherever you want as long as they charge what your insurance considers reasonable. My car is at my Audi dealer right now for a repair to the rear bumper after I got run into. Fortunately minor damage. They are doing it for what the insurance pays. The biggest pain in the azz is the rental car. It's covered by the other guys insurance except insurance on the rent car. You may think you are covered on your own policy, but their is a gotcha. Rental cars have a clause,that if you are in an accident in their car you are responsible for loss of use. Your insurance probably does not cover that. I learned a lot about that last week and am paying $15 a day for coverage for an accident that was not my fault. It's doubtful I'll get reimbursed for it.

Quick Reply: Well, my number finally came up...