Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

IYHO are the A6's a daily driver?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IYHO are the A6's a daily driver?

In the market for a new car. I've owned my Altima now for almost 10 years. Wondering whether I trade in the Altima and use the A6 as a DD or if I should keep the Altima and balance the driving between the 2. The Altima is not worth a ton of $$ but its paid off and a very healthy, reliable car. Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I can not afford 2 cars I say use the A6. Beside I spend more miles and time in DD situations and enjoy my car to much to think about being in anything else. Even when I have option to use the gf's car I take mine unless we are going somewhere I do not want my car to be.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would keep Altima and use it as a point A to point B car. I drive a lot, this would help me keep my A6 mileage low. Less depreciation, fresher looking, etc for A6.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In my opinion the A6 makes for the ideal daily driver. Keeping mileage low is just silly in my opinion, the car is made to be driven. Enjoy it every day.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I would keep Altima and use it as a point A to point B car. I drive a lot, this would help me keep my A6 mileage low. Less depreciation, fresher looking, etc for A6.
I tend to agree. I switch between my Infiniti G37x and my A6 but during summer I was driving the 6 more often. Winter (snow) I struggle between adding snow tires on the 6 or just driving the G most if not all the time. That said I would love to drive the Quattro with snow tires at some point because I am sure I am missing a great ride in challenging weather conditions.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Well i too would tend to agree. I kept my Volvo S60R. My wife keeps asking me why I need both, LOL. But I do typically drive the A6 as my daily driver to work. However I use the older S60R on occasion depending on where I am going (usually if the parking situation is not great, or I want to blend in more (Grey Volvo vs Red A6 )

If your Altima is over 10 years old, really you are not going to get much of anything for it so use it as a beater when you need one
Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have an A6 as a daily driver, a Ford F350 for all the other stuff and looking at picking up another A6 diesel for whatever. No reason not to drive it. It's nice to have other cars to drive when needed though.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My A6 is myDD. I'd love to have a weekend super car like some of you folks but I have college bound kids and tuition/room&board is not cheap; perhaps when I have more grey hair, I can afford to buy myself a crazy fast car but the A6 will have to do for now. It's a nice compromise IMO. I say enjoy it and drive the heck out of it; as with anything, use it or lose it!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

"If your Altima is over 10 years old, really you are not going to get much of anything for it so use it as a beater when you need one"

If you have the room and can spend the nominal amounts for maintenance and insurance. I say keep it.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by slingblade
"If your Altima is over 10 years old, really you are not going to get much of anything for it so use it as a beater when you need one"

If you have the room and can spend the nominal amounts for maintenance and insurance. I say keep it.
+1
Can't imagine it will be worth much on trade in and it can still be used as the backup vehicle.
I use the A6 daily, as I don't have money right now for a weekend sports car. (Damn kids!, lol)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IYHO are the A6's a daily driver?