Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 257555

Default When to negotiate price on a build?

Do you negotiate price when you're putting down the $ to build the car or upon delivery?
Shell4624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 228095

I saved the following from a earlier thread:

1. You go to an Audi dealer.
2. You talk to a new car salesman.
3. You tell him exactly what you want.
4. If he can not locate one like it, he will tell you that they have to order it from the factory.
5. Based on that, you negotiate the price.
6. Once agreed on the price, he fills out an order form and you sign it.
7. You give him a deposit (and you don't need a SS# to pay cash, they will accept it).
8. He will advise you how long it will take to get the car (likely 3-4 months).
9. When it is in, they call you, you show up with a suitcase full of cash and they hand you the car.

-----------------
Some reading to do before seeing the dealer:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/10...-car-pg12.html
Old 09-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I saved the following from a earlier thread:

1. You go to an Audi dealer.
2. You talk to a new car salesman.
3. You tell him exactly what you want.
4. If he can not locate one like it, he will tell you that they have to order it from the factory.
5. Based on that, you negotiate the price.
6. Once agreed on the price, he fills out an order form and you sign it.
7. You give him a deposit (and you don't need a SS# to pay cash, they will accept it).
8. He will advise you how long it will take to get the car (likely 3-4 months).
9. When it is in, they call you, you show up with a suitcase full of cash and they hand you the car.

-----------------
Some reading to do before seeing the dealer:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/10...-car-pg12.html
Got it! Thanks Tenspeed!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Banned
Account #: 180618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell4624 View Post
Do you negotiate price when you're putting down the $ to build the car or upon delivery?
Yes. Always get the final price in writing at the time you place your order.

I recently placed an order and I obtained a lifetime membership from Audi Club and the dealer applied the 6% off MSRP for the order. I need to present the ACNA certificate at the time of delivery and financing.
in2dwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 221923

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2dwww View Post
Yes. Always get the final price in writing at the time you place your order.

I recently placed an order and I obtained a lifetime membership from Audi Club and the dealer applied the 6% off MSRP for the order. I need to present the ACNA certificate at the time of delivery and financing.
So who paid for the lifetime membership? Did that membership get u the 6% off?
If u paid for the membership what did it cost?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfirechief View Post
So who paid for the lifetime membership? Did that membership get u the 6% off?
If u paid for the membership what did it cost?
You'd pay for hte lifetime membership &750. Yes as part of the ACNA you'll contact the office prior to "buying" the car and they will email/fax paperwork specfic to you and your dealership of choice. This paperwork is needed to allow the dealer to take the 6% off of MSRP.

As you'll see throughout the boards, some are fortunate enough to negotiate that % off and more in some cases. This will vary, by location and how agressive the salesmen are in your area.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 259731

As I posted in another thread a few months back, I do not belong to ACNA and I got my A6 for invoice and then got 50% off on Audi Care. I have 4 dealers within 30 miles that were hungry for the sale. The negotiations started at about 2% off, but quickly went to $500 over invoice then to invoice with 50% off Audi Care. I had all 3 dealers I was working with match the offer and went with the one I felt would provide the best service after interviewing the service manager. Seeing as the service relationship is generally more important than the sales relationship.
Hartmann HS5-209-GA:M wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires

Most recent rides:
2011 Infiniti M37 Sport, 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
2008 Acura TL Type-S (#2), 2008 Acura TL Type-S (#1), 2007 Acura TL Tech
2007 Camry Hybrid (don't ask)
2006 Acura TL Tech, 2004 Acura TL
2002 Infiniti I35, 2000 Infiniti I30
and over a dozen more before these.
keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 233713

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithl View Post
As I posted in another thread a few months back, I do not belong to ACNA and I got my A6 for invoice and then got 50% off on Audi Care. I have 4 dealers within 30 miles that were hungry for the sale. The negotiations started at about 2% off, but quickly went to $500 over invoice then to invoice with 50% off Audi Care. I had all 3 dealers I was working with match the offer and went with the one I felt would provide the best service after interviewing the service manager. Seeing as the service relationship is generally more important than the sales relationship.

+1
"Seeing as the service relationship is generally more important than the sales relationship."
Old 09-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 22753

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithl View Post
As I recall, you previously said you're including the $1500 Audi Loyalty rebate in your "at invoice" price calculations, correct?

- 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige, Quartz Gray/Black, 19" Sport, Driver Assist, LED headlights,Cold Weather and B&O;
Bridgestone RE970AS tires; XPel Ultimate full front, mirrors and rocker panels, Opti-coat Pro
- 2002 allroad 2.7t - 13y/49K mi and still like new
- 2009 A4 3.2 Prestige w/Nav (sold at 4y/48K mi)
- 2001 A6 2.7t (sold at 8y/98K mi)
snagitseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 259731

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
As I recall, you previously said you're including the $1500 Audi Loyalty rebate in your "at invoice" price calculations, correct?
No loyalty or any other rebates. Straight out deal with no trade as my Infiniti was leased and turned in. I have always had good luck I the Atlanta market on any car I negotiate, very competitive market. I am almost always at invoice give or take a few hundred.
I usually be very straight with them tell them I know what the car costs, know they get other hold backs and such and know they make plenty of money on other people (that don't negotiate or do it well) so they can take the sale and move a car or I know I will find someone that will. I have seen customer walk in and buy cars with little or no haggle. Once at Acura I watched a sales guy sell a car with minimal discount and the customer had no idea there was like $2K in dealer incentives that of course the sales person did not mention or include so I really do not feel too bad. What Atlanta dealers do make is "Service Fee" that they all charge and don't negotiate with and that fee is generally $599 so that is the profit I let them have, and I make sure I tell them that as well. I have formed good relationships with all my dealers over the years because we have a polite and straight relationship.
I was toying with going back to Acura and was talking to the owner and he kidding asked if I was going to let him make money on ta car this time ;-)
Hartmann HS5-209-GA:M wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires

Most recent rides:
2011 Infiniti M37 Sport, 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
2008 Acura TL Type-S (#2), 2008 Acura TL Type-S (#1), 2007 Acura TL Tech
2007 Camry Hybrid (don't ask)
2006 Acura TL Tech, 2004 Acura TL
2002 Infiniti I35, 2000 Infiniti I30
and over a dozen more before these.

Last edited by keithl; 09-28-2013 at 03:10 AM.
keithl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement