Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Why this forum reads upside down?

Old 09-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why this forum reads upside down?

I have gone through several auto (and non auto) forums and this is the only forum where new messages come on top. It doesn't feel natural to read this way especially if several members have posted after my last visit. (I mean, to maintain continuity I need to keep scrolling to the earliest post at the bottom, then read through the post .., then scroll up again to the next one....again read through down)... I need to keep moving down and up after reading every single post. Is this happening only to me or it is how it's supposed to be. Is there a way to change this setting by way of personal preferences. This frustrates me to no end that I'm considering leaving this forum altogether if there is no solution. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 AM
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member

Default but they don't!......

Naturally you are free to leave or stay as you choose.

There are several options available for you to change the display presentation based on order or thread, find them at User CP on the top left of the menu bar:

Then down on the left hand side look for Edit Options, that's under Settings & Options... then scroll down in the main panel to Thread Display Options. Not only can you reorder the way posts are presented to you but possibly fix some of those other lesser annoyances - see this link for more details: AudiWorld Forums - FAQ: General Forum Usage

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Happened to me in Chrome. Changing the options made no difference. Switched to Firefox and it works perfectly. Must be a browser conflict.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:07 AM
jbn
Audiworld Junior Member

For what it's worth I use Chrome... ah but then I do have to put the computer upside down!

There are a lot of parameters that might affect individual experience such as software versions, cached files, cookies and more. The basic point is that the forum software does support what the OP wants, after that I presume there is a sub-forum that addresses the technical side.

Last edited by jbn; 09-28-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jbn
Naturally you are free to leave or stay as you choose.

There are several options available for you to change the display presentation based on order or thread, find them at User CP on the top left of the menu bar:

Then down on the left hand side look for Edit Options, that's under Settings & Options... then scroll down in the main panel to Thread Display Options. Not only can you reorder the way posts are presented to you but possibly fix some of those other lesser annoyances - see this link for more details: AudiWorld Forums - FAQ: General Forum Usage

Anyway, I hope that helps.
Wow... Thanks for the helpful advise. It all good now. My last comment was obviously made in one of those "off" moments. Cheers everybody.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

A good example of how it's best to ask for advice first before posting a rant about something. A simple solution from another member may be just be around the corner.