Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Worst Nav system in industry

Old 08-07-2013, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Garbage Navigation system. Fire the VP that signs off on this POS every night before he leaves the office.
Yes, you've kind of made that clear. It is what it is. Perhaps a PND would be an alternative for you.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Voice recognition? Who is talking about that? We are just trying to get it to work by the dial in settings.
I'm sorry, I got confused with your original thread about this here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2848330
Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Voice recognition? Who is talking about that? We are just trying to get it to work by the dial in settings.

Garbage Navigation system. Fire the VP that signs off on this POS every night before he leaves the office.
I had no idea the nav system was so bad! All the reviews I've seen made no mention of it. They just raved about it. Hmmm...
Old 08-08-2013, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't used every other system out there, but of the ones I have the Audi is pretty good.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
I'm sorry, I got confused with your original thread about this here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2848330
Why are you confused? Originally posted my observations. People said that it would improve or that those examples were an aberration. Ends up being just as bad as originally described with more examples of failure. Hopefully, Audi will acknowledge the problem and hot fix it, or revamp the entire system.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...will acknowledge the problem and hot fix it, or revamp the entire system.
Please see "Buy a Chevy Here". That should relieve both your pain, and ours.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Please see "Buy a Chevy Here". That should relieve both your pain, and ours.
Huh? so if someone disagrees with your position then they should get out? Welcome to 1910

If you blindly accept the horrible Nav system Audi gave us then that's more about your low standards, than me. Maybe the Audi Nav system is more befitting to a Chevy you reference, not a quality car

Reminds me of a discussion I had here in 2010 when I bought my A5. That system required that you reset the radio presets ever time you started the car. For some people that meant pushing the button 6000-7000 times a year for no real reason except Audi wouldnt spend 10 minutes correcting some code. The haters shouted me down on that one also but Audi fixed it. So maybe they read these forums.

You spend $50K and the expectation of a functional Nav system is reasonable....except for some.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

A bit of information: A person's first rant in a thread is acceptable. The second one is tiresome and the third one will usually draw ire from others, especially when there's nothing new in those rants. If the rants continue, per the AW forum "acceptable use" policies, a moderator may lock down or delete the thread, delete the rant posts and/or ban the offender. Just saying.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
A bit of information: A person's first rant in a thread is acceptable. The second one is tiresome and the third one will usually draw ire from others, especially when there's nothing new in those rants. If the rants continue, per the AW forum "acceptable use" policies, a moderator may lock down or delete the thread, delete the rant posts and/or ban the offender. Just saying.
I look at it more as an update on a problem, unlike like the endless threads on the radio/subwoofer melodrama. Or the numerous other threads that are constantly repeated

I view this thread as an update and many said in my first thread that I was bound to have greater success with the Nav over time and new destination locations.

It's a legitimate issue that needs attention from Audi. What I find interesting is that I'm being sanctioned but the members that ridicule me have nothing said to them.

If what you really want is only positive comments on everything Audi then let us know that.

I'll drop the subject now so the haters can further insult me

Last edited by Omeletpants; 08-08-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I look at it more as an update on a problem, unlike like the endless threads on the radio/subwoofer melodrama. Or the numerous other threads that are constantly repeated

I view this thread as an update and many said in my first thread that I was bound to have greater success with the Nav over time and new destination locations.

It's a legitimate issue that needs attention from Audi. What I find interesting is that I'm being sanctioned but the members that ridicule me have nothing said to them.

If what you really want is only positive comments on everything Audi then let us know that.

I'll drop the subject now so the haters can further insult me
Please read my post again. A negative opinion on virtually anything Audi related is fine to post in the forums and if it has any merit at all, others will join in a discussion with both pro and con opinions and experiences. It's when a rant continues on by the user that it becomes less than useful, i.e. repeated "fire the designer" posts 1, 9 and 10 (as well as the declaratory title of your thread) that tend to aggravate others resulting in negative feedback.

As we all know, the forums are designed for sharing experiences both good and bad and ultimately, to inform and help others. Extended rants tend to put a damper on things and turn people off; reasonably presented opinions tend to engender healthy discussion.

Getting back to your issues, have you brought your car into service explaining what is happening in your case? (I didn't see where you wrote that you had done so). While no one could claim the 3G MMI Nav+ works perfectly in every instance, apparently, many others are not experiencing your level of dissatisfaction which might indicate there's a problem with your particular system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Worst Nav system in industry