Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Xpel Yellowing

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed there are other products such as, Titan by Durashield that offers similar warranties and labor reimbursement. Sharpline has been around since 1976 and manufacturers a variety of OEM films. Consumers will not have to worry about white cars or any color with Titan.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 05-21-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by XPEL
Fearme,

Do you still live where you had the XPEL ULTIMATE installed? If so, please take it to your installer to check it out, as our installers are able to process the warranties with us.

If not PM us your information (location/contact info) and we will go from there to get it taken care of. Have a great day!
Xpel,

My installer stated they cannot see the yellowish tint. I do not want to argue with them because that is not the purpose. You can see the photo attached. It is obvious that the film has a yellowing tint. If sending you the film helps, I am willing to send you a sample. But please respond to me. I have not heard from your customer support since last Thursday despite of several follow up emails.

Thank you.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by fEArmE
Xpel,

My installer stated they cannot see the yellowish tint. I do not want to argue with them because that is not the purpose. You can see the photo attached. It is obvious that the film has a yellowing tint. If sending you the film helps, I am willing to send you a sample. But please respond to me. I have not heard from your customer support since last Thursday despite of several follow up emails.

Thank you.
Email can sometimes be spotty and posting in a public forum is probably not the most appropriate place to solve a problem. Call them directly. I've had no issue getting someone to talk to. Ask for the customer service manager. 210-678-3700 (Texas)

Last edited by snagitseven; 05-21-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Email can sometimes be spotty and posting in a public forum is probably not the most appropriate place to solve a problem. Call them directly. I've had no issue getting someone to talk to. Ask for the customer service manager. 210-678-3700 (Texas)
Thanks for the number. Will definitely give them a call. But I would expect them to at least respond to PM or email to address customer's issues. Oh well, maybe it's my profession but I take all customer complaints seriously regardless of the means of communication.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default XPEL CS

I agree CS is number one, XPEL not really a priority.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the number. Will definitely give them a call. But I would expect them to at least respond to PM or email to address customer's issues. Oh well, maybe it's my profession but I take all customer complaints seriously regardless of the means of communication.
I understand, been there done that. However I find it's always better to speak to a live person on an issue like this. Emails for some can be too impersonal when you are trying to solve an problem with a company as a consumer. In any case, posting here is not the best way to communicate a problem with a manf.since they may not visit often or see your post. Not to mention how they might feel about airing an issue publicly before having a chance to resolve it first. Be sure to tell them you are an AudiWorld member as they are a sponsor.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

fEArmE,

Sorry for the delayed response over the weekend. Can you please PM us your installer's information, so we can get in contact with him and resolve the issue.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 880 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
fEArmE,

Sorry for the delayed response over the weekend. Can you please PM us your installer's information, so we can get in contact with him and resolve the issue.
Great to see that it looks like they are stepping up and doing the right thing!