Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Your Engine is NOT the Most Important Part of Your Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Your Engine is NOT the Most Important Part of Your Car!!!

I noticed earlier that GTX Castrol had a posting that said the Engine is the Most Important Part of Your Car. I totally disagree!! It's your tires and brakes. If they don't work and you can't stop the engine will soon be ruined when you hit that telephone pole, other car or truck, go off a cliff, etc.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I suppose from a strict safety perspective, that's true. Headlight or wipers going out on a dark, country two-lane road at night in a pouring rain at 50 mph could also be added to those options. I guess it depends on how one defines "important". If cost to do a replacement is the benchmark though, I think we could guess which one trumps the other.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, you certainly can't skimp on either. Bad brakes and tires could get you killed, while poor engine management could kill your car and make it worth scrapping.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
I noticed earlier that GTX Castrol had a posting that said the Engine is the Most Important Part of Your Car. I totally disagree!! It's your tires and brakes. If they don't work and you can't stop the engine will soon be ruined when you hit that telephone pole, other car or truck, go off a cliff, etc.
Let me put it a different way:

Poor engine maintenance, poor oil, infrequent oil changes, etc. and your engine will still last 50K miles. Poor brakes, bald tires, etc. and your vehicle lasts 50-100 miles before you smash it. Now which is more important?
Old 10-06-2015, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Tires/brakes without the engine aren't of much use and vice-versa......

We could rank the importance of the brain, heart, liver, lungs and unmentionables...but would likely arrive at the same conclusion....it is a good idea to keep all parts in top shape to enjoy the ride
Old 10-06-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone is right. The weakest link will sink it. The car can't make 2 miles if the engine seizes in the middle of the freeway and you get hit because it suddenly lurches to a stop.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The boardroom meeting between the two corporations that got you your bonus, livelihood, 401K and paycheck was made possible by the impact of polished wood, clean glass and empty trash cans. It therefore was the janitors that sealed the deal. The CEO, CIO and CFO couldn't function without each other, their support team and every other tooth in the cog that needs to be there to make it all work. Just like your car.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say an attentive (defensive) experienced driver is the most important. Give an R8 to a young driver increases the risk of injury to people and damage to property.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

For those financing or leasing, making payments per the agreement is most important. No payments, no car.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
For those financing or leasing, making payments per the agreement is most important. No payments, no car.
Said the CFO from his super clean ivory tower

Quick Reply: Your Engine is NOT the Most Important Part of Your Car!!!