Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Your opinion about wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your opinion about wheels

Hi guys,
I'm thinking about getting new wheels for my A6. I'm undecided between the Avant Garde M590 or M310. I'm thinking 19" would be best/more comfortable to ride. I don't know the first thing about wheels just that I like the look of these particular wheels. Anyone out there that has these mounted on their car and care to share pics of what they look like and whether you got your car lowered, etc?

thanks!!

Last edited by jcamber; 10-31-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on both style wheels. I did a quick Google image search on them and they're really nice. 19'' would ride slightly better than 20'' due to the larger side wall of the tire. I have 19's on mine now and it's nice and smooth. I guess it really comes down to the tire you decide to use though.. i'm sure 20's will be just as good. Sorry I didn't have any pics to show off.. just wanted to throw in my 2cents. Which wheels are you running now?
Old 11-01-2014, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Djones87
+1 on both style wheels. I did a quick Google image search on them and they're really nice. 19'' would ride slightly better than 20'' due to the larger side wall of the tire. I have 19's on mine now and it's nice and smooth. I guess it really comes down to the tire you decide to use though.. i'm sure 20's will be just as good. Sorry I didn't have any pics to show off.. just wanted to throw in my 2cents. Which wheels are you running now?
I have the factory 18"s. Here's a car that has the same ones as mine. The ride on these is very comfortable but personally I think they're super boring...

Old 11-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

They're nice but you said it.. a bit boring. Sometimes changing it up can bring a whole new feel to the way you look at the car. I have the factory 5 spoke 19's on mine and I really like them but i'm already debating on switching them up. Sooo many choices out there it's hard to make a decision. 19's or 20's in either style would look great on our cars and for the ride depending on the suspension setting you're on.. the 20's will ride rougher. especially coming from 18's. Step up to 19's you prolly won't notice much of a difference at all and it'll still have a real nice look.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Djones87
They're nice but you said it.. a bit boring. Sometimes changing it up can bring a whole new feel to the way you look at the car. I have the factory 5 spoke 19's on mine and I really like them but i'm already debating on switching them up. Sooo many choices out there it's hard to make a decision. 19's or 20's in either style would look great on our cars and for the ride depending on the suspension setting you're on.. the 20's will ride rougher. especially coming from 18's. Step up to 19's you prolly won't notice much of a difference at all and it'll still have a real nice look.

I have the stock 19' rims with pirelli p zero(horrible tyres) now.
I was thinking abt changing the stock rims and get concave black ones with michellin a/s 3.
If i had the stock 20 rims , i would keep them , they look gorgeous ,apart the ride part.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm looking at buying an A6 or A7 in the next few months. I got to wondering if A7 wheels/tires fit on the A6. They offer a 19" (and 20") that are 9" wide instead of the 8.5 on the A6, and they offer a 265 tire that would be slightly wider. I know it would be slightly taller too, but I don't see that as a big enough difference to matter. They would fill out the A6 wheel wells better. Anyone done it?
Old 11-04-2014, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I love my Avant Garde wheels - I have the M310 - you can see my signature pic and I posted a thread a while ago with these wheels and lots more pics. I would recommend them

Here is the thread I referred to

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...heels-2851458/

Last edited by Maverick61; 11-04-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
I love my Avant Garde wheels - I have the M310 - you can see my signature pic and I posted a thread a while ago with these wheels and lots more pics. I would recommend them

Here is the thread I referred to

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...heels-2851458/
Thanks Mav, I started liking the 310s from when I first saw them on your car. What other wheels did you consider before you bought your set? also, Did you get staggered wheels? and how did you select the tire/what size tire did you go with? last, did you lower the car?

thanks!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I looked at quite a variety of wheels and settled on the 310s. I can't recall the others I looked at, but there were a number of them. I found several that looked similar to the 310s but in doing my research I liked what I read about Avant Garde quality, etc

I did not get them staggered nor did I lower my car (I already had the sport suspension and was happy with the height)

I stuck with my 19" tires because 20" in my area would not be good due to crappy roads. 19" works well for me. the best ride / handling / looks compromise.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcamber
I have the factory 18"s. Here's a car that has the same ones as mine. The ride on these is very comfortable but personally I think they're super boring...

I have the same boring stock wheels because I thought I would get a better ride with 18s. Do you have Contiprocontact tires, because I am ok with the ride but not happy with the front tire noise from these Continental tires. Is it the tires or the car?

Quick Reply: Your opinion about wheels