A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

2000 a6 2.7t reinstalling fuel rail question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 a6 2.7t reinstalling fuel rail question.

I am reinstalling my fuel rail (2000 c5 a6 quattro 2.7t) and I need to figure out what line is supposed to go to the lower port circled in the picture. It seems to be part of the vacuum lines and actually tees off of one of the lines that goes into the check valve. I am wandering if it is the vacuum line coming off the rear bottom of the intake manifold that is supposed to go there. thanks

Old 06-10-2016, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So it was the vacuum line under the back of the intake manifold,

I replaced it with a 4mm vac line and hose clamps, the other end had popped loose so back into the smaller port on the fuel rail vacuum lines (the one in the pictures I was trying to figure out). Kinda difficult to find good representation of that area on the vacuum line diagrams.

This open port was contributing to a boost leak, causing maf to report less air, compute less fuel, run lean and missfire, even the transmission would start downshifting if trying to go past 30% throttle. If you cant fix/find the boost leak disconnect maf sensor until you do.

There is a pressure sensor in the tbb; that along with exhasust temp & o2 sensors can do a decent job on fueling (slightly rich). Although I actually had better fuel economy with the maf disconnected while the boost leak was still there. Not to mention damn near complete loss of drivability with a boost leak and having maf connected.

Hope that helps.

Jon
Old 06-10-2016, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks for the answer.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Still cant find it

Originally Posted by JonlookslikeJim
So it was the vacuum line under the back of the intake manifold,

I replaced it with a 4mm vac line and hose clamps, the other end had popped loose so back into the smaller port on the fuel rail vacuum lines (the one in the pictures I was trying to figure out). Kinda difficult to find good representation of that area on the vacuum line diagrams.

This open port was contributing to a boost leak, causing maf to report less air, compute less fuel, run lean and missfire, even the transmission would start downshifting if trying to go past 30% throttle. If you cant fix/find the boost leak disconnect maf sensor until you do.

There is a pressure sensor in the tbb; that along with exhasust temp & o2 sensors can do a decent job on fueling (slightly rich). Although I actually had better fuel economy with the maf disconnected while the boost leak was still there. Not to mention damn near complete loss of drivability with a boost leak and having maf connected.

Hope that helps.

Jon

Im having this save issue finding where this vacuum line connects too, Is there any way you can post a picture??? Id really appreciate it
Old 10-09-2019, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

im having a same symptoms with my car. misfires and many other things. this is disconnected though on my fuel rail. there is a port that the fuel pressure regulator connects to on the back of the intake. where in relation is the port that this line runs too. is it in between the top of the motor and the bottom of the intake in that air gap? any information would help iv done plenty of reading and cant find a diagram. the one under my hood does not show this line nor do and of the diagrams iv fond online.