A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Advice on cutting cats out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

jcman, they are laws passed that were NOT voted on by the public. I don't agree with many of them as you may have noticed.

I'm trying to take a breather but it just causes a coughing fit. Maybe the EPA should pass some laws on forest fire emissions.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by the_duke
jcman, they are laws passed that were NOT voted on by the public. I don't agree with many of them as you may have noticed.

I'm trying to take a breather but it just causes a coughing fit. Maybe the EPA should pass some laws on forest fire emissions.

Oh do I know brother! But what can you and I do about it?

NOTHING... is the answer because the all mighty executive order pen stroke ordering the 16 major Regulatory Agencies usurping Congress and the Senate to enact a law is the order of the land unless it is found unconstitutional in the Federal supreme court...and we don't have that kind of money as common folks to challenge them? No.

I've had an Federal EPA refrigeration cert since 1995 and I must say that so far the EPA has hurt many of my customers with the ridiculous refrigerant changes ultimately costing them to upgrade or convert, so when we once were concerned with cfc's and the ozone scare nobody raised a hand to say what replaced the ozone layer when it happens every day many times around the world and what would that be....Lighting.

Sorry for your situation with the EPA, the folks in Colorado with the orange river water are not to happy either thanks to EPA screw up, but in all fairness we should not encourage or advise any member to bend/break or ignore sensible laws in this forum when it comes to car emissions.

Last edited by jcman; 09-12-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Off Track

Originally Posted by clancy
Not wanting to fight jcman. Politics determines what gets done. Do you really think our forest management policies are determined without politics? If you do, then we agree to disagree. Again, this is an Audi site. Can we not argue about other things?

Yes, I agree pollution is important. And I am not in favor of disregarding its impact on life.
Clancy the way I see it the "subject presented" in this forum should be based on facts, information and open opinion of the "subject", politics and policy are one before the other and have nothing to do with what we individually are or believe here.....nobody voted for us and we hold no civil office and as a matter of fact I really don't care if a member is R or D or liberal or conservative, race, gender or spiritual belief .....it's an Audi forum and I like and respect all respectable folks who are here regardless of their opinion pertaining, politics have no place here "period".

Last edited by jcman; 08-28-2015 at 05:16 AM.