A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Engine Mounts

Old 07-24-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Engine Mounts

Anyone have a description of how to replace the engine mounts on a 200 A6 2.8?
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bump . . . . .

The second part of the question:
Any harm in driving with bad (fluid leaked out) mounts other than a little extra engine vibration?

P.S. Still looking for an answer to the first part of the question.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The left mount can be removed quite easily. Support the sub-frame, remove the engine mount bracket, and drop out the engine mount. The top nut can be a little tough to get to, but its manageable. Now the right side, thats a tough one. Its my understanding that once the front end is in the service position, you can access it then. At that point you may as well do all maintenance possible, alt, timing belt, etc.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks.
The Timing belt, Water pump and all was just done so I think I may wait on the mounts unless someone warns me of some problem leaking mounts causes.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

Dude. Please use quote and reply. It is nearly impossible to follow your threads with all your posts threaded as replies back to your original post. It's like you are only responding to yourself. Please?
Old 07-30-2014, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
Dude. Please use quote and reply. It is nearly impossible to follow your threads with all your posts threaded as replies back to your original post. It's like you are only responding to yourself. Please?
DUDE . . . . Sorry, I use linear (default) display mode and find it very easy to follow.

I use quotes when there is something in the post I am directly responding to, but tend not to when it is just another post in the thread. (keeps things shorter).

I will try to remember to use them more.

EDIT:

Just tried "Hybrid" and "Threaded" display mode.

Hybrid is also easy to follow, but can't (or more correctly; didn't try hard) to figure out how to use "Threaded" as I don't see the purpose. (Maybe I can be enlightened?)

Last edited by N_Jay; 07-30-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Doesnt help that this is the most ridiculously setup forum ever. Posts should be just reply to the topic, not all the bs with replies to direct people and confusion and all the different modes the threads can be displayed. Who the hell wants that, first post first. last post last. Not to mention how absurd it is not to have editing posts standard with being a member. This has to be the ONLY forum like this. Anyway....

You can wear out the drive axles with worn out mounts. The engine moves more on acceleration and puts the axles at different angles and they wear the inner joint.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
Doesnt help that this is the most ridiculously setup forum ever. Posts should be just reply to the topic, not all the bs with replies to direct people and confusion and all the different modes the threads can be displayed. Who the hell wants that, first post first. last post last. Not to mention how absurd it is not to have editing posts standard with being a member. This has to be the ONLY forum like this. Anyway....
It certainly is the only one I have seen where it is an issue.
I have it set to default linear, oldest first, but every once in a while a thread shows linear newest first.

Go figger??

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
You can wear out the drive axles with worn out mounts. The engine moves more on acceleration and puts the axles at different angles and they wear the inner joint.
Anyone know how bad a problem this is?

It is a 2.8, so no one is racing around. I am looking at 6 month to a year and probably 7k to 12K miles total till I get it back to fix the rest.
Old 07-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Here is a video I found on youtube that could help you with the job:

If you need the engine mounts we have two different brands available for your 2000 A6 2.8.

AutohausAZ - Engine mount

Disclaimer: Make sure to check the year and model of the vehicle before placing an order.

Last edited by AutohausAZ-Mike; 07-30-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-30-2014, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Wow we have someone from Autohaus on here ? i had no idea .. i get tonnes of stuff there for my Porsches and Audis, great guys to work with ... awesome .. but stop selling those damn Braziiian silver bosch igntion coils for 911s .. they are TERRBLE .. i had a paperweight after an hour lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Mounts