A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

evap system diagram

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default evap system diagram

I have spent the last hour or so trying to find a diagram of the fuel evap system. I thought there was recently a post of the entire system on this forum but just cannot locate it. It showed the entire system of hoses and components from the fuel tanks, filler, leak detection pump and all the components.

If anyone can post this diagram or lead me to it I would be most appreciative. Preferably for the 2.7 engine.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ebahn only shows the whole component routing for the 3.0 and 4.2, go figure.
I have these and I might have the whole one too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2700cc V6 Bi-Turbo.pdf (715.5 KB, 1068 views)
File Type: pdf
2700cc V6 Bi-Turbo[1].pdf (792.7 KB, 650 views)
Old 11-18-2014, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by clancy
Thanks!
No problem Clancy, but do check out crono35's thread too. (hint..hint)
Old 11-19-2014, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Crono 35's thread is what prompted my queary

Originally Posted by jcman
No problem Clancy, but do check out crono35's thread too. (hint..hint)
Yep, I am trying to follow his thread. Thought a diagram from the gas cap, filler neck, gas tanks, evap pump, charcoal canister, N80 and ALL the plumbing would help me follow his issue.

I saw such a diagram sometime recently. Not the ones you provided (yet also helpful) but one that included all the components from the gas cap forward to the N80. Surely such a diagram exists, other than in my failed memory.

I am envisioning a "theory or explanation of how the fuel delivery and ventilation system works" as I have seen in repair manuals.

I have been smelling fuel in my garage after parking the car from any trips. Expecting to see a DTC sometime soon and wanted to begin to understand the system so I could fix whatever is causing the fumes. Might just be a failed gas cap, but I'd like to understand the system before I start throwing parts and $ at my car.

Last edited by clancy; 11-19-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default google audi service training 2.7L

Yep, I am trying to follow his thread. Thought a diagram from the gas cap, filler neck, gas tanks, evap pump, charcoal canister, N80 and ALL the plumbing would help me follow his issue.

I saw such a diagram sometime recently. Not the ones you provided (yet also helpful) but one that included all the components from the gas cap forward to the N80. Surely such a diagram exists, other than in my failed memory.

I am envisioning a "theory or explanation of how the fuel delivery and ventilation system works" as I have seen in repair manuals.

I have been smelling fuel in my garage after parking the car from any trips. Expecting to see a DTC sometime soon and wanted to begin to understand the system so I could fix whatever is causing the fumes. Might just be a failed gas cap, but I'd like to understand the system before I start throwing parts and $ at my car.
This is for an A5 but the google list has lots of others.

https://www.google.com/search?client...F-8&gws_rd=ssl
Old 11-19-2014, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well hopefully it's just a gas cap or a clamp like crono35's problem and not a broken roll over nipple that Audi did issue a safety warranty campaign on a while back, btw no luck on that diagram.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would have thought such a diagram would exist. I can't find it either. The link referral did not produce anything either. I' ve spent way too much time searching.

Guess it makes too much sense to have a diagram that shows all the components and how they connect.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We might be able to piece together the evap system from parts diagrams.

charcoal canister

Evaporative emission canister. Fits: 2001 Audi A6 Quattro Allroad | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

Fuel tank/filler

Filler neck with expansion tank. Fits: Audi A6 Quattro Allroad | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

purge valve

Vacuum system 4.2ltr.. Fits: 2002 Audi A6 Quattro Allroad | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

LDP

Leak detection pump . 4 cylinder 6 cylinder. Fits: 2002 Audi A6 Quattro Allroad | Jim Ellis Audi Parts
Old 11-19-2014, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

WOW that clarifies it! Ha ha. Thanks for the links. What it confirms for me is I will pay a trained tech to resolve anything beyond the basics.

Quick Reply: evap system diagram