A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Fuel rail hose

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel rail hose

Does anyone know where I could go to get one of these made? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ne/4b0201541c/ Hydralic line store perhaps? Also, does anyone know what size fitting is on the end?
Old 01-20-2017, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry Tunin
Does anyone know where I could go to get one of these made? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ne/4b0201541c/ Hydralic line store perhaps? Also, does anyone know what size fitting is on the end?
I am compelled to give you an advice even though you didn't ask for it -

DON'T SCREW WITH THIS AND REPLACE IT WITH ORIGINAL PART.

The $67 or so dollars you would save may end up costing you heck lot more when your "custom" hose fails and worse, fuel catches fire in engine bay. Now, I know that maybe a bit far fetched provided you've taken good enough precautions to build the hose... still, you want to try your luck with a fuel hose?

Again, not worth it in mine or probably any member here who work on their cars.

Lastly, if that hose is too expensive, you might want to think about selling this car since repairs and parts on Audis are not cheap.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Was more or less looking for options. The hose I listed IS NOT the OEM to begin with. I have not be able to source the OEM part. It is 8D0201541AA. If you have a source please let me know. I don't see what the harm would be in having someone that is reputable and has experience in creating them do it. I didn't get the A6 to take it to some mechanic or stealership. If it breaks I'll fix it, OEM or not.

Last edited by Jerry Tunin; 01-20-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

fuel lines like this are fabricated all the time. The gas station I deal with, for example, has a sign advertising hydraulic and fuel line repair.

If I could find the part, I might buy pre-made for the convenience.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, maybe I am over cautious and get worried about stuff like this especially when it comes to fuel. Yes, it can be done, like I said in my OP only IF you know what you are doing, know the pressure, tolerance to any heat variances. Again, I know this is routinely done and people sell hoses and fittings.

I just wouldn't do it and was sharing my personal opinion only and not undermining others or their abilities.

If you know what you are doing, go for it. Also, a quick search shows that ebay has some used hoses for around $35.

Lastly, whatever you do, be safe.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by tester123
Well, maybe I am over cautious and get worried about stuff like this especially when it comes to fuel. Yes, it can be done, like I said in my OP only IF you know what you are doing, know the pressure, tolerance to any heat variances. Again, I know this is routinely done and people sell hoses and fittings.

I just wouldn't do it and was sharing my personal opinion only and not undermining others or their abilities.

If you know what you are doing, go for it. Also, a quick search shows that ebay has some used hoses for around $35.

Lastly, whatever you do, be safe.
Agree totally. I would not diy any pressure hose. Only at a good shop. Learned my lesson on an A/C hose for a Saab 900...leaked at fitting. Had a pro redo it...no problems. Always time to do it right the second time.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just replaced this hose on my 2K A6 Avant, 2.8 ATQ @ 167,000 miles. Cold weather in the northeast causes the compression fitting at the fuel rail to weep, until it warms up.
I adherd to the advice of others that tried to fix on the cheap. bit the bullet, ordered via local dealer for $90 bucks. A ten minute repair and peace of mind. No more gasoline smell, and risk of fire. Its worth it. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I suppose really what I need is a solution to the OEM part not being available. Buying used/eBay is a bad solution from what I have read in other forum threads. It will produce the same leaking issue. Once these hoses are tightened down the compression fitting is slightly deformed creating the seal. Removing them and attempting to re-use them, especially old units, typically results in leaks as well. As everyone has pointed out, this sucker is right above the exhaust when it dribbles down

Last edited by Jerry Tunin; 01-31-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Why is it not available? Where are you located. I'm in New Jersey - I ordered it and the dealer had it next morning. ECS has it, as well as a bunch of other online sellers.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nickcarguy
Why is it not available? Where are you located. I'm in New Jersey - I ordered it and the dealer had it next morning. ECS has it, as well as a bunch of other online sellers.
Can you link me to part #: 8D0201541AA

?

Quick Reply: Fuel rail hose