A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Fuse 37 OK - No Power at Radio or Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse 37 OK - No Power at Radio or Amp

Hello All,

The Bose symphony radio on my 2003 A6 Quattro went out a few months ago and I finally got around to pulling it out this week. The red/yellow wire that is supposed to come from fuse 37 has no power but fuse 37 is ok. I tested power at the fuse box and there is at least current getting to and through fuse 37.

I also found that at some point the red/yellow wire makes its way beneath the driver seat, over the hump, along the back seat, into the passenger side trunk area, and to the amplifier and subwoofer. This location also had no power.

Before I take out the driver's seat and rip my car half apart...

does anyone know were this wire splits into two runs after it leaves the fuse box?

I'm imagining there is a dead relay or a corroded connection point somewhere near the driver's seat but that is an area full of possible locations.

Oh, and tracing the wire seems like a last resort - the wires are so tightly packed, loomed, tied, and otherwise anally-retentively restrained as to make it just about impossible with out cutting everything free and probably screwing something else up.

Note that the car had Telematics and a phone installed under the armrest but it had been ditched at some point. I have never been able to locate the telematics unit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

According to the wiring diagram, there is a junction for the power coming from fuse 37 in the instrument wiring harness. It is identified as A50 - plus connection (30as), in instrument wiring harness.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks george,

This is very helpful. Do you have any idea where the A50 connector would be? I guess I'm asking, where is the wiring harness?
Old 03-10-2014, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Sorry, look for the red wire with yellow stripe in the harness behind the cluster.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK, will do. Thanks again!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok you say the fuse is good. I have seen where the connection in the fuse box is faulty and the fuse may be hot, and that half is making connection, but the other spade of the fuse is not making contact so the power never makes it to anything. If you unbolt the fuse box and pull it out so you can get to the back of it, then you can use a volt meter to make sure with key on Both pins get hot.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I tested voltage at the back of the fuse box (the upstream side of the fuse) and was fine, but sounds like a good thing to re-check. Thanks.

BTW all, I removed the instrument cluster to try and find the A50 connector George mentioned but there was nothing there, just the cluster connectors and a wire loom. I opened the loom to check for the red and yellow wire but nothing!

Going to have the whole car apart to find this I think!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem

Any resolution in getting this fixed? Location of A50?
Mine is a 2004 a6 avant wagon... 3.0L
Old 08-24-2015, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello. I have sama problem. Navigation Plus do not have power either fix or SAFE powerline. Both line dead. Fuse 37 is ok. And navigation fuse 17 is ok. Both lines are coming fron T17r connector, white 17 PIN and it is somewhere intsrument panel centre. One line goes to V37 (positive connection 30 in communication sirinöitä Harneis) and thats under left front seat in CCM box , one straight to the radio.
So problem is either T17r connector or CCM.
CCM is Easy to find but hard to see If it is broken. I have little moisture in the CCM location footwell but CCM Selma to be ok. I do not know where is this T17r connector. Any idea where it is?
Old 08-30-2015, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello. T17r was fine. It was behind A/C panel left down there. A/C panel off and You can see it.
CCM was fine. Y/R cable was onko 6V so the problem is in V37 or A50 positive connector.
So every cablestack open and trying to find these 1,cable in 4 cables out pagages. Best quost is that these are under left front or back door or under left front chair.
So next phase is to locate 1R/Y cable in and 4 R/Y out and olen the rubber cover and check problems.
The carpet is dry but under it was some moisture.

Quick Reply: Fuse 37 OK - No Power at Radio or Amp