A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Fuse 37 OK - No Power at Radio or Amp

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved

On a 2003 Audi Allroad, the splice, referred to as "V37", is located between the driver's seat, and the transmission tunnel, under the carpet. I had to unbolt the seat up front, and slide it out of it's rails in the back....after unbolting the rear section of center console, and anything else to loosen the carpet all around the seat and console area. Have picture of the corroded splice....doesn't look like water caused this.

Name:  20160203_120748.jpg
Views: 8390
Size:  70.5 KB

Name:  20160203_121228.jpg
Views: 8490
Size:  81.1 KB

Hope this helps
Old 04-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

@WingMan63,

Thanks so much for posting this! I had the same issue and was not looking forward to tracking it down. Your information made it easy to find. In case any others have the same question, the wiring routing is the same on my 2005 allroad.

I elected to pull up the carpet from under the pedals all the way back to the rear of the driver's seat brackets. The carpet is pretty stiff, but it can be done. I almost cut the carpet, but then realized that I did not have to.

My carpet pad was pretty wet right in the center. It appears to be just water, but I am not sure where it is coming from. It starts about at the rear HVAC duct under the driver's seat. There is no rust on the body, but that splice is hosed.

I am glad I found it, as the rest of the wires look like they were going to fail soon too.

I have the carpet propped up with a fan blowing on it so that things will dry out.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys, I have same issue where the tape /cd has not power.
​​​​​​A volt meter confirms the same on plugs behind radio

The fix looks quite involved, can I not just snip the power wires and take from the cigarette lighter wiring
​​​​​?
Any ideas if that would work?
Old 06-02-2019, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same Issues

I know its a very dead thread but I was having the same issues. No power at radio, 0.8 at amp, but power coming post fuse with no tripping of fuse. This was the issue. I took a photo for exact location. I cut the carpet however i think it could have been repaired through the existing hole for the seat rail. just has the remove the sticky fiber loom from the splice and tug on the cap. Hopefully this helps someone else as well.
Old 06-02-2019, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you cut a section and replace it with new wire?

Was it obvious which section to cut?

My radio has been offline for years!
Old 06-03-2019, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Markdaviesa6
Did you cut a section and replace it with new wire?

Was it obvious which section to cut?

My radio has been offline for years!
If you take the loom off you will find 2 compression splice. One with brown wire and one with the red/yellow we are looking for. If it is anything like mine you will only need to pull on the cap off the red/yellow and the splice will fall apart. I cut the existing 4 wires (all same color) from that splice until I had good copper. Once I did I put on one of those low temp solder shrink tube things. you may need to jumper the wires but i did not; they were long enough still.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i'm about to have a go at this
however im in the uk and my car is right hand drive
does anyone know which side this wiring would be?
Old 07-13-2019, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Shorted wires for head unit resulting in no power

All done, I had to cut a bit of the carpet to get to wires. But this is well under seat and not visible, and I didn't have to remove anything, the wiring that failed was doubled over so plenty long enough to cut and reconnect with some electrical connectors, shrink wrap and insulation tape.

I wish I had a glue gun and it did feel wet under the carpet... Not sure where that is coming from!!
Old 07-13-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Moisture probably leaking in from the area directly in from of the windshield. The area where the battery is located has drain holes for any water that collects. The holes become plugged from leaf litter, dirt, etc and water will eventually leak into the cabin from under the dash. There are also drain holes in the sunroof area that can cause moisture to back up and leak into the cabin. If you search on this site and Google the problem you will get a multitude of results about this problem and preventive measures for the future.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You guys are lifesavers. Many thanks. Exactly the same symptoms on my 2004 RS6 Avant. RHD car, so the join is under the carpet just under the inside passenger seat rail.
I had 12v at the stereo on the ignition feed but only 0.75v on the continuous feed and no power was getting to the amp. All fuses were fine.
All sorted now.

Quick Reply: Fuse 37 OK - No Power at Radio or Amp