A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Hazard lights come on

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazard lights come on

Hi Guys,

New to this site. I have a 2002 Audi A6 that Im am having trouble with.
The hazard lights comes on twice the speed while driving down the road. Seems like the only way to shut it off is to shut car off and hit the lock and unlock on the key fob. Not sure if it is a problem with the factory alarm or key fob?

Is there a way to disable the fob? or factory alarm?

Any Idea what could be the problem?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You mean all 4 lights? Are you turning on them by hazard switch or do they just randomly switching on?
Old 01-15-2015, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the "Get the hell out of my way" option, I wonder what PR code that is........just kidding.

Sounds like a job for VCDS/Vagcom, it's the only way to rule out alarm issues via module inputs to determine if the dash mount hazard/flasher switch module is crapping out too.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

They ramdomly come on and blink twice the speed. If I shut the car off the 4 way flasher stays on solid. I would have to lock/unlock key fob then its back to normal.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rjcruz
They ramdomly come on and blink twice the speed. If I shut the car off the 4 way flasher stays on solid. I would have to lock/unlock key fob then its back to normal.
I am guessing the turn-signal + hazard flasher module (which is right behind the hazard flasher switch is having either a loose contacts in solder joints and/or on the verge of going bad.

I had the left/right signals randomly work (when turned on by steering column switch) and after digging, pulled the flasher module and re-soldered / heated all the joints with a little solder flux applied. Wherever that loose contact was, it is gone and over 3 years still no issues. YMMV.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I thought of module or hazard but seems more like has something to do with fob/alarm. I spoke with previous owner and he mentioned it was broken into and he notice problem Seems like if I open locks with keys when I noticed problem happening. Doesnt happen all the time but problem coming on more now.

Sensor in lock mechanism maybe damage and wondering it the is avway to test or disconnect?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rjcruz
I thought of module or hazard but seems more like has something to do with fob/alarm. I spoke with previous owner and he mentioned it was broken into and he notice problem Seems like if I open locks with keys when I noticed problem happening. Doesnt happen all the time but problem coming on more now.

Sensor in lock mechanism maybe damage and wondering it the is avway to test or disconnect?

Thanks
Can you scan for codes in the appropriate module (I forget if it is security etc. otherwise, do a full scan of all modules). If your door lock/sensors are failing, it should generate a code.