A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

i may be leaving the fold

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

just to point out how valuable the guys are on this forum ...

I posted some questions about the car I was looking at on the B7 forum , what codes it had and what my plan of attack was ... looking for input , after two days not even one response and only one other post. Without its members the forum becomes a ghost town ..
Maybe it just is on Audiworld and I have to go other places for that model , a little surprising though given the popularity of the model.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2016 will look different here

Originally Posted by Airbag
just to point out how valuable the guys are on this forum ...

I posted some questions about the car I was looking at on the B7 forum , what codes it had and what my plan of attack was ... looking for input , after two days not even one response and only one other post. Without its members the forum becomes a ghost town ..
Maybe it just is on Audiworld and I have to go other places for that model , a little surprising though given the popularity of the model.
Its all in the age group and what they drive....now.

The C5 forum is becoming dated with more drive-bye's just looking for a fast answer usually never to return with a contribution and the timers are moving on or up.

Last edited by jcman; 02-09-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But what about us newbies that are just picking up cheap c5s to play with?
Old 02-10-2016, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I might have figured something out .. just for grins and giggles I dropped by an Audi dealer to see what they would charge to clear up the P codes I was getting on the car ... since none of they guys seem to work on the cars over in the forum it would be safe to assume the dealer is teaching them a whole new "service position"

1500-2100 dollars ... huh !!!!??

that's more then half the value of the car !!!!

guess I l bust out the screwdrivers ,,
Old 02-10-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about the loss of another C5.

Since you already know how to work on them, why not an 04 C5?
Should be able to find on at a decent price. (Saving some money for a good set of tires to keep it on the road.)
Old 02-10-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

It's a sad day when we move on from a car and sub-forum we've grown to be part of. Whatever vehicle you get into next, I wish you luck and know that your contribution to the forum has made it what it is.

I remember when I left my C5...although I didn't go too far

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...great-2842252/
Old 02-10-2016, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 3 years ago, man!

Originally Posted by raj99
It's a sad day when we move on from a car and sub-forum we've grown to be part of. Whatever vehicle you get into next, I wish you luck and know that your contribution to the forum has made it what it is.

I remember when I left my C5...although I didn't go too far

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...great-2842252/
Seems like not so long ago raj, at least you come back now and then to share the good info like you did.....very cool.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
Seems like not so long ago raj, at least you come back now and then to share the good info like you did.....very cool.
Thanks JC, I guess once a c5 owner, always a c5 owner. A community is only as good as it's members and those who contribute are the glue that keep people coming back
Old 02-15-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

im sure I will stick my head in now and again.... I figure I have been working on these cars long enough that I an help the odd person.

was out in the A4 today and must say its a pretty nimble car and easy to drift in the snow with a manual gear box ... still like the interior and comforts of the C-5 waaay better though ..
Old 02-15-2016, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Airbag
im sure I will stick my head in now and again.... I figure I have been working on these cars long enough that I an help the odd person.

was out in the A4 today and must say its a pretty nimble car and easy to drift in the snow with a manual gear box ... still like the interior and comforts of the C-5 waaay better though ..
Hey it's still in the family and so are you, good luck with your findings!

Quick Reply: i may be leaving the fold