A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Introduction and pics of my new love

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LaserSVT
I really scored. I put it up on my rack today and the only issue I saw was a little bit of grease slung out from the passenger front axle shaft due to a worn boot. No oil leaks, all ball joints are nice and tight, even tire wear and about 50% brake pad left.
Got a pleasant surprise too. Does not have the factory suspension. Has Bilstein Nurburgring coil-overs.
Also looks like the brakes have been upgraded from the factory Brembo's if I'm correct.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
The console lid is the same on all C5's, I just replaced mine last year with one bought on Amazon dirt cheap, not OEM but the black color shade matched perfect.

Your window up/down FOB function can be recoded with Vagcom/VCDS, check out the Features tab on the top of the page under the Tech Articles, tons of great info relative to most of your questions there.
Here is an example..hint..hint AudiWorld Tech Articles
Thank you good sir.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jcman
Also looks like the brakes have been upgraded from the factory Brembo's if I'm correct.
Thats yet another thing I was trying to figure out. I had seen enough RS6 cars online to know the caliper has the RS6 logo on them. These are Alcons. Now I guess I need to research them. LOL
I do love how this car stops. First tire of the night I slammed on the brakes, being used to my truck that does not like to stop..... or go, and my glasses flew on to the dashboard. Was not expecting that.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be wrong, but I think you can activate the roll up and down of windows by using the key in the driver's side door: hold it to open position for a few seconds. Then hold it to locked position a few seconds. All door have to be closed. Then try the remote buttons to see if they roll up/down the windows.

That is my dream car too. Nice buy! Once my kids are bigger, I'm getting one too
Old 09-03-2015, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Guess I had to jinx it. I cleaned out the garage and went to move the cars around so I could garage it, back it out of the driveway and then notice all three of my grills laying in the driveway. I stop and get out and see a mound of grass that pushed through the driveway and grabbed the bottom of the front bumper and cracked it in two. Not the whole bumper, just the lower part. I take a closer look and see it was an existing crack that was repaired using the last style Texas license plate and JB weld. As much as this car was loved I found it peculiar the previous owner didnt replace it. Reason is simple, all the C5 owners like them and bought them all up for their cars. So....... yeah. Guess I need a good body guy.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 09-03-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 323 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by indoor
I might be wrong, but I think you can activate the roll up and down of windows by using the key in the driver's side door: hold it to open position for a few seconds. Then hold it to locked position a few seconds. All door have to be closed. Then try the remote buttons to see if they roll up/down the windows.

That is my dream car too. Nice buy! Once my kids are bigger, I'm getting one too
Never knew this was possible. I will try it on mine to see whether it works. I'd be glad
Old 09-04-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well me and my brother got it together easy enough. We "stitched" it together until I can get a new skin. Not pretty but will work.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

And the fun continues! I was out playing with the car and having fun. Found the best way to launch it and its amazing how quick it moves off the line. C6 Corvette didnt expect that. LOL
So I drove it around a twisty bit, went down a street to turn around and as I went back on the main road I heard a terrible noise up front that almost sounded like a flat tire with a "whack whack whack". I pull over and cant see any issues at all. I notice that one of the rotor hats is a bit too clean on the edge and on closer inspection I see the brake pads edge is just kissing it. I guess 50% meat on these upgraded brakes is pretty much their "done" area. So after a bit of shopping confusion I just ordered some Hawks straight from Alcon for $200 which aint bad. Figured may as well do the rears as well and found the Bosch ceramics for $21. All in all thats a pretty cheap brake job. Now I have to figure out what kind of socket thats needed for those Alcon calipers pad bolts. Strange pattern.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

So of course the car has been showing me things that need attention. After the last fill up (I always stop on the first click off) I had noticed a few faint whiffs of fuel. Never say a puddle until today. Was almost 12" around and is fuel, Put it in the air and can see its coming from the top of the tank. Gonna have to check that out tomorrow and remove the back seat. I also see that the tail shaft of the trans has started to leak (explains the minor burning oil smell) so looks like something else I get to handle next week sometime. Its small enough not to leak on the ground but I still dont like it so will be fixed. Looks like an easy job.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sound about like me and my new to me S6, all in all very good shape but 3 cv boots, transmission pan seal (so I'm doing fluid, filter etc too), and tail shaft seal too.

I hope your fuel leak isn't a big issue!

I think both of our POs took great care of the cars but saw a list of repairs and decided to sell vs fix.

I still think you found a hell of a car! I hope you get all the bugs worked out quickly :-)

Quick Reply: Introduction and pics of my new love