A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

loud wining noice

Old 05-28-2014, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loud wining noice

Hello I just got done doing a secondary aux pump this past weekend and everything thing was fine foe a day then when I stop at a light I noticed a noice I have never heard before it sounds like it coming from under the intake and its not a hissing noice more like a old school aol dial up noice if anyone remember what that sounds like and it only make that noice when im stopped when I give it gas it goes away I have no clue what the sound is so if anyone can help please do thank u
Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Hooker in the glovebox. You still have to pay her….

Apologies for the misogyny especially in view of the Cali idiot.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

sounds like a slipping belt or a bearing . what engine ?
Old 05-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Ifitsoundslikedialuphowdoyouknowyouarestillplugged intothemodem?

Originally Posted by dt598823
Hello I just got done doing a secondary aux pump this past weekend and everything thing was fine foe a day then when I stop at a light I noticed a noice I have never heard before it sounds like it coming from under the intake and its not a hissing noice more like a old school aol dial up noice if anyone remember what that sounds like and it only make that noice when im stopped when I give it gas it goes away I have no clue what the sound is so if anyone can help please do thank u
Those strange shapes next to your keys are there so you don't have to sound like you sprinted a marathon every time you type a frantic story. That was an exhausting read, bro. Seriously consider your audience when you post to the masses. Moving along, if it does this when you start the car, you could first start eliminating possible faults by taking the serpentine belt off and running the car for 20-30 seconds. No noise means it is something driven off the serpentine belt. If noise persists, you will have bigger problems than run-on sentences, me boy. And brother, Ma and Pa ain't around to check your homework anymore so it's all you now brother…..
Old 06-02-2014, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lol. 1 I paid all my hooker so that not it. 2 the size motor is the 2.7 t. 3 its not my belt I have worked on cars for many years and I know what the belt sounds like. A few days ago my c.e llight came on and since im one of the smart people out here that owns a scanner I plugged it right in and it was the egr value. I look and the vacuum line on the passenger side egr valve was broke. I clipped it and put a new hose clamp on it since audi and vw use those stupid one time use clamp and clear the code. That was that. The noice went away for about a day then boom out of nowhere its back.??? I check all the vacuum line and clamps and all is fine. I know the air pump is post to come on when the car cold starts but this aint thr air pump plus this stays on the whole time im driving it. It goes away when I accelerate And comes back when I start idling. This is my first audi and I love the car but the noice is killing me and its scaring away all the hookers when I pull up.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting noise.
About all I can suggest is get a long screwdriver or mechanic's stethoscope and start touching things (that don't move!!) with the tip and the other end at your ear and try to localize the noise. Normally wining goes with dining but in your case it's probably a worn bearing somewhere.

And removing the serp belt is still a good idea…it removes a whole lot of rotating gear/bearings from the noise search. Obviously don't drive with the belt off, but run the engine for a few minutes and see if the whine stops.

Last edited by SloopJohnB@mac.com; 06-02-2014 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh harsh! That's not very nice for a Minneeesotan!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok I will try that this afternoon when I get home from work. I just dont see how it would be anything to do with the belt since it is coming from the middle towards the back of the motor. I will also take a video and put it on yYouTube and share the link . That way you guys can hear wat im talking about. mabe it would be more helpful
Old 06-02-2014, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dt598823
Ok I will try that this afternoon when I get home from work. I just dont see how it would be anything to do with the belt since it is coming from the middle towards the back of the motor. I will also take a video and put it on yYouTube and share the link . That way you guys can hear wat im talking about. mabe it would be more helpful
thats a good idea.. could it be some sort of vacuum leak that seals up under acceleration ? what about the water pump ?
Old 06-02-2014, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just replace the aux water pump and the main water pump is fine....... knock on wood.it sounds like iis coming under the intake.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: loud wining noice