Originally Posted by Anziil
1. Front bumper Cover. the screws on both sides next to wheels are completely busted so it hangs a little. is there an easy way to fix that without having to spend the $500 to get an all new Cover?
2. Headlights. Both sides are only connected by the top 2 brackets/clips do i absolutely have to remove the entire bumper to put in new headlights? they are Factory HID.
3. I'm going to do a lot of maintenance.. it is currently pushing 112k miles and I'm going to replace all the seals, timing belt, serpentine, etc. but its popping a DTC for the EGT sensor... how big of a PIMA is that going to be? aside from the $500 for the sensors themselves.
and 4. should i drain & Replace the brake Fluid ,ATF, And the Antifreeze?
1. If you are talking inside the wheel well, you are probably looking at where the bottom plastic undertray/skid plate attaches to the front bumper cover. Shouldn't be an issue as long as the other mounting hardware is present.
2. Yes, I'm reasonably sure you need to remove the front bumper cover to get the headlights out. As an alternative... you might try to re-finish the headlights if they are otherwise functional... 3M has a good kit that you use with a drill. Done mine twice in ~6 years with great results.
3. haven't done or heard of the process for replacing EGT sensors... if you have access to a shop manual (elsawin / bentley) that is your best bet (or search the c5 forum here)
4. Brake fluid, yes... ATF definitely + the trans filter... coolant, can't hurt but not as big of a concern if it looks clean (should be pink/purple not blue or green or brown) Also do a search here for the timing belt replacement... really need to do all the pieces while you are in there (idlers, tensioner/dampener etc) as it isn't typically the belt itself that leads to a failure.
What year / model / engine?