A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Oil Temp sender location = ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
While I have your attention, is there a way to save your display options?? I have looked in used CP and a few other places. When I open this part of the forum it displays by thread title, and from the beginning and loads like almost 10K threads, I then sort by last post and last month (there is a third option but dont remember and not critical) I hit search and it works BUT if I go back or leave the forum it reverts to all & title.
Any idea as to how to set this??
For some reason the for sale looks to work as other forums I use.

Thanks for the help on the temp sensor, I hate a gauge not working.

Regards
Not sure but I think something else is going on with the forum format based on Sloops comments too, a slight glitch I suppose.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well today was oil change day (as well as RF CV boot r & R) but i wanted to report back that YES it was the sender on the Pan, it was a Meyle and i did put in the Hella ( hard to go wrong with their stuff).
I appreciate the help posted and dont want to have un finished threads, all looks well also did the CV boot replacement with several tips from here, (did not disconnect inner flange) and all went pretty well. Now maybe tomorrow night I will do the motor & trans mounts and all the stuff from the PO will be done.
I did the Hawk HPS brake pads all around a few weeks ago and they feel great.

Again thanks to all and I will try to help where I can here, learning curve on the Audi A6 Avant, have lots of experience on the early P cars if anyone needs help or parts.

Regards
Old 11-25-2014, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Well today was oil change day (as well as RF CV boot r & R) but i wanted to report back that YES it was the sender on the Pan, it was a Meyle and i did put in the Hella ( hard to go wrong with their stuff).
I appreciate the help posted and dont want to have un finished threads, all looks well also did the CV boot replacement with several tips from here, (did not disconnect inner flange) and all went pretty well. Now maybe tomorrow night I will do the motor & trans mounts and all the stuff from the PO will be done.
I did the Hawk HPS brake pads all around a few weeks ago and they feel great.

Again thanks to all and I will try to help where I can here, learning curve on the Audi A6 Avant, have lots of experience on the early P cars if anyone needs help or parts.

Regards

Worst part of changing out that sensor is an oil pan leak later...LOL.
I dropped the oil pan and there was some thin sludge that wouldn't drain even hot. Oil would immediately change color on oil/filter change. After cleaning pan (100+K) the oil stayed very clean for over 3K miles. When/if you drop the pan look for bits of plastic, likely from the cam chain tensioner shoes.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I got lucky on the sludge, the PO had hit a speed bump (so story gos) and damaged the pan and Records show dealer replacement in July, and last oil change. Happy to say that the Timing belt service & the egr leaks V cover & tensioner gaskets were done a few Kmiles prior to me buying the car at 89Kmiles.
and yes the oil does stay clean for many miles. With full synthetic I chose 5K miles for mi change intervil, will read up on what others are doing.
Again thanks for help and feed back
Old 11-26-2014, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts

Glad you are up and motoring
Old 11-26-2014, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ^^^Ditto^^^

Glad to hear this.