Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 270764

Default Parking Light Wiring

Hello all. Sorry if this is the wrong place but I need some help. I have a 2004 A6 with Factory HID headlights. I bought aftermarket LED DRL's and have them all hooked up with the exception of the lead to the parking light. My mechanic ran the wire but won't make the connection or tell me how for liability reasons. Can anyone tell me what wire behind the headlight/park light is the hot lead for the parking light that I need to tap into??
rogmac1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmac1175 View Post
Hello all. Sorry if this is the wrong place but I need some help. I have a 2004 A6 with Factory HID headlights. I bought aftermarket LED DRL's and have them all hooked up with the exception of the lead to the parking light. My mechanic ran the wire but won't make the connection or tell me how for liability reasons. Can anyone tell me what wire behind the headlight/park light is the hot lead for the parking light that I need to tap into??
Why would you need a new wire? The LED DRL should be a direct replacement for the incandescent bulb.

Bentley sells manuals that have the wiring diagrams
Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 44417

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogmac1175 View Post
You need to probe the wires to find the one that is hot when you need it hot.
Normal DRL operation is when the engine is on yet turn off when one or the other turn signals is on. Hooking the DRL up to a parking light is a kludge that you may live with…the DRL will remain lit when you use the turn signal(s).
SloopJohnB@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 270764

This is an aftermarket LED kit. It doesn't replace the incandescent. It's an add-on. The instructions say to use a parking light so that the lights dim when the headlights are turned on. Anyone have any idea where to even start? I pulled the parking light out and there aren't even wires going to it...it's just a plastic bracket that unsnaps

I'm lost...this should've been a pro job to begin with.
rogmac1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 190603

Ooh, LED DRL's as in fog lights. I got confused initially thinking that you were replacing the incandescent bulbs with individual LEDs.

If you want access to the parking light wiring without taking off the headlight lens, you will have to remove the bulb cover on the back and find the three wires leading towards the parking light.

I'm not sure if your '04 facelift wiring is the same as my '01 pre-facelift, but for me brown is ground, red is for the turn signal and green is for the parking light.

Last edited by OGBULLYLOCDAWG; 11-12-2013 at 03:24 PM.
OGBULLYLOCDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, a6, audi, drl, lights, parking