A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Popular Rotor and Headlight upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Research continues..
Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Eurylo
LOL. Highly unpopular place to ask fancy C5 questions! No offense Audiworlders........

I got RS6 Calipers and Rotors for my A6 4.2.

Not sure there's any LED Headlights for the widebody. Keep yours or get some E Codes from UK or DE. Pretty easy to do a headlight restore, bet if you did yours you'd like the outcome or Clear Corner them and you'll like them that much more.

Reading up on this now..
Old 09-15-2016, 07:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Bigger calipers are like bigger cigars.
Stainless braided brake lines can be problematic...I like Kevlar braided/jacket lines. They can improve feel.

outstanding feedback thanks
Old 09-15-2016, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Eurylo: Re the RS6 rotors and calipers...did the stock 17" wheels work?

Originally Posted by Eurylo
LOL. Highly unpopular place to ask fancy C5 questions! No offense Audiworlders........

I got RS6 Calipers and Rotors for my A6 4.2.

Not sure there's any LED Headlights for the widebody. Keep yours or get some E Codes from UK or DE. Pretty easy to do a headlight restore, bet if you did yours you'd like the outcome or Clear Corner them and you'll like them that much more.
I have HP2 and am satisfied with them and Conti DW 255/40-17 on Avus wheels. Not willing to go to 18" wheels just to hang the RS6 binders not to mention my winter rims are also 17".
Old 09-16-2016, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mason Villafane
With regard to the head lights...I have found an R8 type headlamp on ebay through Autoolosa, which should fit the widebody and look amazing as well...but the one catch is they will not work if my vehicle is originally HID.....so Im currently researching that..

Fits 2002 2004 Audi A6 Blk Projector Headlights DRL LEDs R8 Style Lights Tube | eBay
Unfortunately, those headlights will not work with your S6.
I really don't think there's any aftermarket headlight options for the widebody.
The E Codes from Europe are awesome, but buffing your headlights and clear cornering them should save you a decent amount of coin and will look great upon completion.

Last edited by Eurylo; 09-16-2016 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
I have HP2 and am satisfied with them and Conti DW 255/40-17 on Avus wheels. Not willing to go to 18" wheels just to hang the RS6 binders not to mention my winter rims are also 17".
I don't think the 17's would work with the RS6 Calipers, but I have some 18's already and I have yet to put the Calipers/ Rotors on- been swimming in parts to put on my car... Just got some Alcantara Sport Seats from DE with the underseat cubbies, Alcantara Door Cards, PSS9's, all Control Arms, RS6 KMH Tacho, RS6 Belly Pan, 01E, RS4 Clutch, TTV Flywheel, RS6 Exhaust,,, and on and on. I have all the aforesaid items done now with the exception of the Tacho, Calipers, Exhaust and 01E- I need more tiiiiiiime. The downside to the RS6 Calipers/ Rotors is cost, the only reason I got them for my car is cuz I'm really bad with money and am trying to live up to that!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

SO, quick update:

The head lamps I posted off eBay WILL NOT work for the C5 S6 Avant. Reason is, my car does, in fact, have OEM HID's installed... Thus, it is a no-go on a purchase right now and I will have to just source out some E-Codes, as was recommended, or wet sand, polish and restore them to new. (disclaimer: I know about the UV protection issue, Ill simply get the headlights tinted or clear wrapped with a UV protected product-)

With regard to the rotor and calipers.. A small issue with the brake pad wear indicator (the SRT-8, Brembos do not have this option), can be easily bypassed via setting adjustment in VAG-COM. No biggy.

I went with a very nice set of rotors from Adamsrotors.com to mount up with the OEM calipers for now.. Once I have those rotors in and cleanly mounted, Ill see how (and if) the SRT-8 Calipers mount up, taking measurements for the custom mounting brackets as I go..

This may all be a big fail by the end of my venture, but for me, all the fun is in the work- and so we continue.