A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Questions About the Rear Cargo Cover ('04 Avant)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About the Rear Cargo Cover ('04 Avant)

I just acquired an '04 Avant, which didn't come with a cargo cover. Being new to Audi's, I called the dealer to ask about a new one (and no, this wasn't a CPO vehicle) - and was shocked when I was informed that a new one would run upwards of $700. I tried online, but to the dealer's credit, that seems to be about the going rate.

I have looked on Ebay, but since my A6 didn't come with a manual either, I got confused about the difference (if any) between the "cargo partition" versus the "cargo partition", aka the "pet net". Both appear to sit in the same area behind the rear seats - are these two different parts, or does the same bar contain both the cargo cover and the pet net?

Also, are the cargo covers interchangeable between different A6 generations? Would a cover from a mid-90s era A6 fit on my 2004?

I'm all for sourcing a used one from a dismantler or a junkyard. Can anyone recommend any Audi-specific places where people have had some luck finding these in the past?

While I'm sure that these covers come up on the 'net all the time, there doesn't seem to be a lot of them at the moment.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What I meant to say was... the difference between the "cargo COVER" versus the "cargo partition"....
Old 06-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The partition is a retractable net, it attaches to the 2nd row seat and can be used with the seat in the upright position or with it folded down. It's a safety item to stop things from flying around during an accident. The cover is used to keep things hidden in the cargo area when the seat is in the upright position. Here's a link to a pic of both https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...-59-11_482.jpg

I don't know for sure, but I doubt either would be interchangeable with mid-90's and is C5 specific.

The cover and partition are two different items.

Are you sure you don't have the manual? It's stored in a compartment below the steering wheel, it took me a minute to find it.

Junkyards or Craigslist is where you'll find these for cheap. Look on craigslist for people parting out Avant's.

Stan
Old 06-28-2015, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default shokan.com Generally 50% off new.

Originally Posted by Musashi
I just acquired an '04 Avant, which didn't come with a cargo cover. Being new to Audi's, I called the dealer to ask about a new one (and no, this wasn't a CPO vehicle) - and was shocked when I was informed that a new one would run upwards of $700. I tried online, but to the dealer's credit, that seems to be about the going rate.

I have looked on Ebay, but since my A6 didn't come with a manual either, I got confused about the difference (if any) between the "cargo partition" versus the "cargo partition", aka the "pet net". Both appear to sit in the same area behind the rear seats - are these two different parts, or does the same bar contain both the cargo cover and the pet net?

Also, are the cargo covers interchangeable between different A6 generations? Would a cover from a mid-90s era A6 fit on my 2004?

I'm all for sourcing a used one from a dismantler or a junkyard. Can anyone recommend any Audi-specific places where people have had some luck finding these in the past?

While I'm sure that these covers come up on the 'net all the time, there doesn't seem to be a lot of them at the moment.
Good luck.