Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284512

Default Rear window problem

Very strange rear window problem started today when I got off shift. I rolled down my passengers side rear window. I went to roll it up and it went up, then rolled all the way down. Then, the window would only go up 1/2 way. I then tried rolling it up from the rear seat switch. Seemed the window motor was not working. I got home and tried to roll it up from the back seat. I pushed on the window and it went up. I then tried to roll it up again and it worked. It seems like with window needs to be pushed up towards the front inorder for the window to operate.

After messing with the window, it works a for a bit then has the same problem after I think it's fixed? Sticks, acts like a short or something and will only roll down, but not up. I help the window up and foward towards the front of the car and the window goes up??? WTH????

Help
Osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 282972

Does it look like it's crooked while rolling up? I currently have the same problem with my rear driver's side window, if I only roll it 3/4 down it's fine, but if I go all the way it won't.

I think the window guide is broke or out of place, but I haven't taken the door panel off to find out yet.
seishuku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 284512

My window does not look crooked, however, when I move the window by activating the switch and manually assisting it with my hands, it is off about 1/8 of an inch play.

From using the search button...yes...I use it frequently I found that it may be the plastic clips.

That being said, I was hoping someone here would chime in with prevoius experience to confirm similar problems.
Osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement