A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Replaced window regulator, window still jamming

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced window regulator, window still jamming

Just bought an '03 A6 Quattro a few days back. Right rear passenger window jammed while rolling it up. I pulled out the window assembly and replaced the regulator as the !~@# plastic runner had cracked. After I installed the new regulator the window is still jamming. I noticed that the window still has quite a bit of play in it while rolling it up below ~ the half way point. The motor seems strong. No odd noises and when someone pulls the back of the window towards the front as it's being rolled up, it does go all the way up. Is it possible that the window is out of alignment or needs some other adjustment?
Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default I think there are some sliders missing.

Originally Posted by Scott F Rendall
Just bought an '03 A6 Quattro a few days back. Right rear passenger window jammed while rolling it up. I pulled out the window assembly and replaced the regulator as the !~@# plastic runner had cracked. After I installed the new regulator the window is still jamming. I noticed that the window still has quite a bit of play in it while rolling it up below ~ the half way point. The motor seems strong. No odd noises and when someone pulls the back of the window towards the front as it's being rolled up, it does go all the way up. Is it possible that the window is out of alignment or needs some other adjustment?
Some little plastic bits that break down.
If you can't find a pic on the web you can always take apart the left rear and observe how they're installed.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Try some silicone spray on the tracks. This fixed similar issues on mine. I think rear windows are seldom run and the tracks get "slow."
Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the silicone spray doesn't work, you may need to inspect the felts it runs up and down carefully, that they are not kinked or damaged. You may need to replace the felts. Also I find the cheap aftermarket window regulators absolutely suck, and do this stuff, or just break in a few weeks.