A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

sale value?

Old 02-12-2016, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sale value?

so i haven't been lurking around here lately as i bought an S6 about a year ago but still have the A6 parked on my lawn and have finally decided to let it go, just wondering if anyone had ideas of what i should ask - a little background, 2000 A6 2.7T 6M, 125k miles, black w/ taupe leather sport seats, about 5 years ago replaced turbos w/ K04's, Vast rs4 clutch and lightweight flywheel, piggy pipes, billy boat exhaust, APR stage 1 93 octane tune, upgraded throttle body boot and diverter valves, H&R sway bars, AWE drivetrain stabilizer, DRT sport drilled brake rotors, new bilstein sport shocks a few years ago, suspension is in good shape (has original sport springs) and probably a few other minor upgraded items. driver seat bolster is worn/torn on one side (had Fibrenew "patch" it a few years ago, looked ok for about a week and opened up again - do not use them for leather repairs!). exterior - some rust bubbles starting to appear at top of front wheel arches, paint isn't bad, a couple door dings but hey, it's a 15-16 year old car. and now the mechanical, last year replaced alternator, battery and timing belt, but, the steering rack is leaking and needs to be replaced, so as a stopgap fix when i was driving it off and on i'd fill it with bars leaks fluid which seams to last a few weeks before needing to be topped up again. and most recently, the car died while backing into my driveway, the car cranks but won't turn over - so it's probably a fuel pump or crank sensor. was going to sell it with the stock 16" 6 spoke alloys w/ some aging Dunlop winter tires on them (probably keeping the 5 spoke rs6 wheels as spares) blue book on it in stock form is in the $2500 range - it's probably worth more parting it out but i don't have time/space/means to do so........so, someone has offered me $1k for it as is - does that seem fair considering i'd have to probably spend the bluebook value to fix it to be able to sell it for.......you guessed it, bluebook value. do you think asking $1500 or more is out of line considering the upgrades or parting out potential? i'd love to unload it before we get any more big snow storms as i'm sick of snowblowing a tow zone around it!
Old 02-12-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think the 6 speed and related hardware would be worth $1500 alone for someone doing a conversion.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Where is the car located?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by clancy
Where is the car located?
Farmington, CT
Old 02-14-2016, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well i actually just started it, initially wouldn't turn over but then gave it a little gas while cranking it and it started right up.....can i assume that might be a fuel pump issue?
Old 02-18-2016, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

start it for a few more days and see, all may be fine .
I am shocked blue book on a 16 year old car would be 2500 , I would have thought it to be zero .

Im in the same boat with my car , if someone gave me a grand for it just to releave me of any hassle I would jump at it , sure the parts are worth more but let the next guy deal with it . im going to drive my a6 till spring, get through the winter and then the first guy that offers me a grand takes the car .

granted a turbo with a manual gearbox is a lot more desirable. but to be done with the hassle .. why not ..
Old 02-19-2016, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Airbag
start it for a few more days and see, all may be fine .
I am shocked blue book on a 16 year old car would be 2500 , I would have thought it to be zero .

Im in the same boat with my car , if someone gave me a grand for it just to releave me of any hassle I would jump at it , sure the parts are worth more but let the next guy deal with it . im going to drive my a6 till spring, get through the winter and then the first guy that offers me a grand takes the car .

granted a turbo with a manual gearbox is a lot more desirable. but to be done with the hassle .. why not ..
I think $2500 was towards the top end, but you are right about unloading it, why keep paying taxes and insurance, I'll probably throw an ad out for $2k and see what happens
Old 02-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think with all the thing you listed your car is worth much more than $2500! KBB sucks so bad.

Search this Thread