Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 280814

Default secondary air injection

Hi all, have 2002 a6 3.0 v6 a/t quattro which has random misfire codes for 2 months. Changed 6x plugs, 3 coil packs and replaced both flex on downpipes. Now have sai low flow to bank 1 idle is fine, misfires always around 2krpm causing cel to flash. Can anyone aged any light on this, I'm not too scared of getting my hands dirty.
clueless racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:11 AM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 158737

Do you have any other codes? What are you using to scan? A generic OBD scanner? Or a Vag-Com?
jseklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 44417

It wouldn't be unusual to have a failed SAI pump..they can be rebuilt (by you..check youtube or the resource menu button) or replaced. Vag-com would show you if the thing is working or perhaps you can listen for it to start up (I don't know..a long screwdriver touching it with one end to your ear while someone else starts the car from cold?).
SloopJohnB@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 245565

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com View Post
It wouldn't be unusual to have a failed SAI pump..they can be rebuilt (by you..check youtube or the resource menu button) or replaced. Vag-com would show you if the thing is working or perhaps you can listen for it to start up (I don't know..a long screwdriver touching it with one end to your ear while someone else starts the car from cold?).
Are you suggesting that a bad SAI pump can cause a misfire or rough idle?
thall6594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member

Using obd, kinda hoping the vac lines are partially blocked as the car was sat around for a few months before I bought it.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 AM   #6
AudiWorld Super User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless racer View Post
Using obd, kinda hoping the vac lines are partially blocked as the car was sat around for a few months before I bought it.
hope springs eternal…if the lines weren't blocked before, a few months sitting around wouldn't likely block them unless spiders got into them, very unlikely.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com View Post
hope springs eternal…if the lines weren't blocked before, a few months sitting around wouldn't likely block them unless spiders got into them, very unlikely.
Changed the panel filter when I got the car, and there was leaves and crap in the airbox and maf due to a clip not being fastened. Wonder if it's found its way into sai? Will find out tomorrow :$
Old 04-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member

Well it turned out it was the PCV, stripped it down, cleaned and reinstalled. Took car out for a test and it no longer sounds like a Scooby, cel has gone out. Fingers crossed it'll last till the replacement arrives O I guess the previous owner overfilled with oil at some point.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #9
AudiWorld Super User

PCV…vas is dis? The 3" round thing that honks like a goose when it shouldn't?

I've not had much luck with those…I've replaced them to stop the honking.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement