A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Stereo Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get what you're saying thanks for the reply, but money is ever so tight at the moment however i just need to know the color of the wire that corresponds with each speaker till i am able to try your method. Also i can provide the wiring diagram for my radio if it helps any.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robsa6
Your going to get varied responses about how to go about doing this but if it were me ( and it has been on both of my a6's) I'd ignore the factory wiring and run new speaker wire from the head unit to the speakers and put in GOOD speakers. The bose system is SO overrated... Theyre paper cones for crying out loud! If you must use the factory setup I'd go to the junk yard and cut a plug out of a doner car to splice back into the harness and start from there with the correct adapter harness witch you sound like you already have. I can tell you from experience the rca to speaker adapter for the amp is big and doesn't like to fit behind the radio. I bougfht my 00 a6 with the pioneer dvd im currently using in my 02 and if I pushed on the radio trhe front speakers crackled and I ended up replacing the amp (s) turned into two, all four speakers, and put in a 12 sub. Much better than the factory. Either way if you've got a bently the wiring schematic is in there to piece the wiring together but I've not messed with the can-bus and what it needs to operate the factory amp ( that is likely going to fry shortly if you've got a sunroof if not already toast)
I get what you're saying thanks for the reply, but money is ever so tight at the moment however i just need to know the color of the wire that corresponds with each speaker till i am able to try your method. Also i can provide the wiring diagram for my radio if it helps any.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm thinking about doing something similar but want to try retaining the B&O amplifier with a custom box like @SD Nardo did, and using the information provided by @mv44. So, I'd need to find a subwoofer for this. I need some help with the electrical math though. According to the above posts, the B&O sub is dual voice coil at 8 ohms, and this is what the B&O amp is expecting to be connected to. Would I need to find another dual voice coil 8-ohm sub, or can I do some trickery with hooking up a dual voice coil 4-ohm sub and bridging the amp or something like that? I assume the B&O amp is built at a cost and probably not designed to be bridged. There aren't many DVC 8-ohm subs out there. What other options do I have? Thanks in advance.