A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Supplier for rare parts needed - front springs green/yellow paint marks..

Old 05-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supplier for rare parts needed - front springs green/yellow paint marks..

Hi all,

I'm new the the Audi scene and I'm trying to track down some front springs with green/yellow paint marks. I can find everything but these so far. They are for a 1999 A6 4.2 Quattro - I think this means it has the lower sports suspension.

Both my front springs were broken when I took the struts out. I really want to stick to OEM and I'm based in the UK. Any help please?
Old 05-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Morning,

Do you have the VIN for the car so i can look up the part number? There are a few different options with green/yellow marks. Let me know and i can give you a hand!

Thank you
Old 05-02-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Have you actually given your VIN to a UK Audi dealer?

Originally Posted by FenderSi
Hi all,

I'm new the the Audi scene and I'm trying to track down some front springs with green/yellow paint marks. I can find everything but these so far. They are for a 1999 A6 4.2 Quattro - I think this means it has the lower sports suspension.

Both my front springs were broken when I took the struts out. I really want to stick to OEM and I'm based in the UK. Any help please?
??
Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't taken the VIN down and the car isn't at my house. I'll get back to you with it Jeremy, cheers.

Sloop - I went to Audi before I got the car when I knew I may need springs and the main dealer was down right rude, he took the number plate, which gives him the VIN on his system, he still told me there were options and said he may be able to get some in for £250....for a spring. Told me to scrap the car and give up, so they can **ss off. Worst first contact with a dealership I've ever had and I've been through a few. My old Corrado was horrendous to get parts for but every time I went to VW they were brilliant even recommending other local alternatives....
Old 05-02-2016, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wow...that's a bad kipper for UK Audi dealers!

I haven't taken the VIN down and the car isn't at my house. I'll get back to you with it Jeremy, cheers.

Sloop - I went to Audi before I got the car when I knew I may need springs and the main dealer was down right rude, he took the number plate, which gives him the VIN on his system, he still told me there were options and said he may be able to get some in for £250....for a spring. Told me to scrap the car and give up, so they can **ss off. Worst first contact with a dealership I've ever had and I've been through a few. My old Corrado was horrendous to get parts for but every time I went to VW they were brilliant even recommending other local alternatives....
250 for A spring sounds way high, even for Audi but it's UK. Although US Audi did try a few years back for $300 USD per shock absorber for an A6. I went with Koni sport shocks.

You might consider changing all the springs on your 4.2 with a set of H&R or coilovers. Broken springs probably indicate shocks need replacement too.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Sounds like they are all trained the same way around the world at least.

are you struts black or red I , think the lower sports suspension are red?. Spring colour may have something to do with the fact you have the 4.2 in that car and the springs match the weight of that front end. do you have a pic of the colour coding on the spring ?

it is one yellow stripe one green ? there are usually 3 or 4 stripes

Last edited by Airbag; 05-03-2016 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default try jimellisaudiparts.com.

Hi all,

There are about 50 spring combos there for a 1999 A6Q V8....have fun!

Springs are about $113 USD per spring;
1999 Audi A6 Quattro 5-AT 4.2L Control arm track control arm suspension wheel bearing housing wheel bearing housing wheel hub suspension stabilizer front
Old 05-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
There are about 50 spring combos there for a 1999 A6Q V8....have fun!

Springs are about $113 USD per spring;
1999 Audi A6 Quattro 5-AT 4.2L Control arm track control arm suspension wheel bearing housing wheel bearing housing wheel hub suspension stabilizer front
Wow. Thanks all! The springs that came off are black and not red but the car has every other gadget and upgrade possible so maybe they were wrong and that's why they broke?

I have been told there are an insane number of options and that's why I was so keen to get the colours. 100% confirmed that they just have 1 green and 1 yellow now. Maybe the others have been scraped off but it doesn't look like it. Still need to get back down to the car the grab the VIN just in case.

The rear air sus is all good and expensive to play with so I want to leave that be if possible!!! For now anyway.

Poor old Audi dealers and their training eh. Lucky there is such a good collection of fourms and aftermarket assistance!
Old 05-04-2016, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audionlineparts
Good Morning,

Do you have the VIN for the car so i can look up the part number? There are a few different options with green/yellow marks. Let me know and i can give you a hand!

Thank you

PMd you, thanks.