A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Three Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three Problems

1. I have water gathering the footwell of the front passenger side...what could cause this?

2. The rear passenger side wheel seems to stutter under acceleration not all the time but about 80 percent of the time....what could be causing this?

3. My CD player has stopped working....the previous owner said that he could put CD's in but they would not play for some reason.....everything else on the radio works.... It does not have a CDC but is a BOSE/symphony...does anyone know of a solution for this?
Old 05-04-2016, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Water issue could be sunroof drains, plenum drains in compartment where battery sits(can overflow via filter for cabin air), or clogged A/C evaporator drain. Less frequently people have had problems with windshield seal. Plenty of info if you search the forum.

I use weedeater plastic line to clean the front sunroof drains.

To get all the plenum drains, you have to pull battery to access one underneath. A/C drain can be accessed in area under glove compartment. Front sunroof drains are in the tray corners. To get to rear sunroof drains, you have to drop side of headliner. Search for more detail.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Get VCDS for ABS/traction control issue diagnostic.

Originally Posted by Mikaere808
1. I have water gathering the footwell of the front passenger side...what could cause this?

2. The rear passenger side wheel seems to stutter under acceleration not all the time but about 80 percent of the time....what could be causing this?

3. My CD player has stopped working....the previous owner said that he could put CD's in but they would not play for some reason.....everything else on the radio works.... It does not have a CDC but is a BOSE/symphony...does anyone know of a solution for this?
Get a new head unit for all practical purposes. They're not that expensive, look around.
You could also be a trifle more specific rather than just saying 'not working' although I admit it could be a language/translation problem depending on country of origin or ethnic background (no offense intended!). Say whether the head unit ingests/ejects CDs, whether the CD is a home-recorded or commercial CD, (none of them will play DVDs!), whether you get a buzz, whether or not the AMFM works, and/or the tape deck.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

pic showing drains near battery
Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry i wasnt specific I wrote that right before work.....it ingests the CD's but once they are inside it does not play or do anything....It ejects them fine as well
Old 05-04-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default About all you can do is exchange the head unit.

Originally Posted by Mikaere808
sorry i wasnt specific I wrote that right before work.....it ingests the CD's but once they are inside it does not play or do anything....It ejects them fine as well
Most likely solution since you're implying the AMFM and tape unit work.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default UPDATE

Originally Posted by SloopJohnB@mac.com
Most likely solution since you're implying the AMFM and tape unit work.
UPDATE: it says err 1 now when I tried a regular CD not a CDR or anything else