Transmission Slipping?? Help Please!
So here's my problem.
1996 Audi A6 Quattro (Automatic Transmission)
The other day, I was driving through deep snow, and drifts along the road, so the drive was pretty bumpy and hard on the car.
The next day I went to drive my car, and realized that now when I come to a complete stop, when I drive the car has to get up to about 4.5k rpm before it will Kick in and drive. Before this, my car has never had a problem with transmission slippage.
The symptoms are:
- Coming from a complete stop, the car has to rev up to about 4.5k rpm before it will engage (I noticed after it engages that my all wheel drive will also kick in) Once the car is going it will continue to go and shift through gears
- While driving, the shifting between gears is unnaturally hard, as is the downshifting
- When the problem first occurred, if I was in reverse and put it to drive, my car would stall out (Similar to releasing the clutch too soon on a manual) Note: This has not been a problem the last time I drove the car
- Reverse works perfectly fine
- My instrument cluster (PRND321) - while I'm driving will flip between D N and R, I originally thought this was a loose wire, but may be useful for diagnosing
- The car drives fine if I manually shift between gears 1 thru 3
The VAG-COM reported:
00753 - Electrical Connection to Wheel Speed Sensor
35-10 - - - Intermittent
00526 - Brake Light Switch-F
27-00 - Implausible Signal