A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Working fob programming instructions 1999 A6

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sounddude
I just thought that since this thread is about fobs and IMO, maybe (even though I don't need them for my car) it would be good to have working instructions for both VAG programming of keys as well as coding the IMO with VAGCOM. I'm good, my car works great and I have no need for IMO instructions at this time.
I think you're confusing the FOB locking/unlocking adapting to the IMO module (that you and everybody) can't recode, you can use vagcom to recode the the central lock module.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
I think you're confusing the FOB locking/unlocking adapting to the IMO module (that you and everybody) can't recode, you can use vagcom to recode the the central lock module.
Not exactly,

What I'm getting to is:

There are people who say you can code new RFID chips in VAGCOM. I have seen just as many people say only the dealer can do that. I don't care because it's not applicable to me but, it would be nice to have a definitive answer on this thread for others who may use this as a reference or for me if I ever buy an 01 or later.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FOB's and the three functions.

Originally Posted by sounddude
Not exactly,

What I'm getting to is:

There are people who say you can code new RFID chips in VAGCOM. I have seen just as many people say only the dealer can do that. I don't care because it's not applicable to me but, it would be nice to have a definitive answer on this thread for others who may use this as a reference or for me if I ever buy an 01 or later.
sounddude I've posted many comments on the IMO and the module pertaining to remote starting, yes it's been said that you can recode the module for "IMO interface units" but for new key RFID's no because that one is a whole different level of coding and you're right it does not apply to you.

Now on the other side of the FOB you can relearn or program the FOB's locking functions in the "Central Locking Module" or do it by the method you described or by the one I did with vagcom.

Yes your thread is about the FOB's functions but not really about IMO's as the module has nothing to do with locking or unlocking from the FOB.

I'm confused on what answer your looking for?

Last edited by jcman; 02-26-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcman
sounddude I've posted many comments on the IMO and the module pertaining to remote starting, yes it's been said that you can recode the module for "IMO interface units" but for new key RFID's no because that one is a whole different level of coding and you're right it does not apply to you.

Now on the other side of the FOB you can relearn or program the FOB's locking functions in the "Central Locking Module" or do it by the method you described or by the one I did with vagcom.

Yes your thread is about the FOB's functions but not really about IMO's as the module has nothing to do with locking or unlocking from the FOB.

I'm confused on what answer your looking for?
You've answered it. You cannot re-code for new RFID chips with Vagcom. I was curious. (meaning if it is possible) Some people say it can be done but I didn't know if anyone had actually done it.