A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

'07 A6 Avant won't lock w/remote or key!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default '07 A6 Avant won't lock w/remote or key!

My wife borrowed my car today and she has the magic touch! I believe she should be a tester for some organization as she has a magical way of cursing mechanical things! Anyway, the '07 Avant's doors will not lock using either remote (2) or key (2)! When you activate the Remote Lock button the locks activate and the red LED starts blinking. As soon as you touch ANY of the door handles ALL the doors unlock immediately!

I was having issues running VAG-com w/MacBook Running El Capitan. I just loaded VAG-Com in another MacBook I had running OS X Yosemite (both running WinXP with VMware. I cleared all the codes yesterday. When running Vag-Com after the locking issue an Acc?Start Auth code was set. I've linked the error in a Dropbox link below.

After clearing all the codes Vag-Com runs without showing any error codes.

Any ideas? Locking not an issue where I live but headed to Philly T'giving Day!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nh5fx1gqjj...11-21.jpg?dl=0

TIA
Tom Heitzman aka Stuffinder

BTW I have an '06 W/good locks if anybody has a module or relay swap idea!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Try disconnecting the battery for five minuts, then reconnect.
You will have to reset your clock.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Disconnected battery for 10 minutes. Still same issue!
Does anyone know what module controls locking functions? If I knew what fuse/relay/module were involved I could clean them with contact cleaner & re-seat. Also I have '06 A6 that I could swap components with.
TIA

Last edited by stuffinder; 11-22-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yahoo! Art @ Salisbury Motor Cars in Adirondacks pinpoints the problem!

Art Mayhew of Salisbury Motorcars of Salisbury, NY nailed the problem instantly! When I bought the '07 A6 Avant almost a year ago at Langan AUDI in Latham the Start Button didn't work. I was told it was a simple fix, just change the Start/Stop button assy. I did this and the Stop button continued working but not the Start Button. There were no lights or other indications when the button was depressed, nada. Both the salesman and I assumed it was a non "Smart Key" car and never dug into the problem. Well the Smart Key Option was there but apparently coded out or something. I bought a new Macbook and was making sure I could run Vag-Com. I saw a Acc/Start Auth code set as only error & reset all the codes. Apparently this turned the Smart Key option and as soon as I got close to the car it would unlock as soon as I touched any of the doors! Yipee & Thanks You Art!