A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2005 A6 3.2 FSI Quattro Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon6373
Hi All,

Well today I decided to look at the transmission.

So took it to the garage and had filter gasket and oil change done.

What a difference!!!!!! the judder has now disappeared and the gear changes are as smooth as silk. so I am one happy Audi owner again instead of cursing repeatedly.

Still have the parking brake and adaptive headlight to sort but one thing at a time.
Thank you to all those who posted advice and ideas.
Hello Jon6373
I have exactly the same electrical issues with the parking brake and adaptive headlight minus the engine judder as I did replace my tranny fluids around 75K.
on the adaptive headlight front I replaced the module with a newer one but that did not help, I checked the wiring to the sensors that are attached to the suspension front and rear on Drivers side and they looked ok, so everything is pointing to the ligh cluster itself, which I'm not willing to replace when the lights work fine, they just don't move.
The EPB issue is the most annoying and have not been able to locate any other available fix than the one found on this TSB. <http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Brakes/Electronic parking brake warning light on; parking brake doesn%27t always release.pdf>
which the dealer won't do for me unless I replace the module for a new one.
have you had any progress on this issue?
Old 03-23-2015, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rebelipa
Hello Jon6373
I have exactly the same electrical issues with the parking brake and adaptive headlight minus the engine judder as I did replace my tranny fluids around 75K.
on the adaptive headlight front I replaced the module with a newer one but that did not help, I checked the wiring to the sensors that are attached to the suspension front and rear on Drivers side and they looked ok, so everything is pointing to the ligh cluster itself, which I'm not willing to replace when the lights work fine, they just don't move.
The EPB issue is the most annoying and have not been able to locate any other available fix than the one found on this TSB. <http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/Brakes/Electronic parking brake warning light on; parking brake doesn%27t always release.pdf>
which the dealer won't do for me unless I replace the module for a new one.
have you had any progress on this issue?
As of yet I haven't looked at either of those issues as I've been to busy with work. However I have found a EPB module for £80.00 on eBay which I might buy just to see how I get on.