A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2g Hi AMI issues with power

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2g Hi AMI issues with power

First off let me say that I have research this topic for the last year and change on and off and have not found a definitive answer, so if this is a dumb question I'd be very surprised and let me apologize on the front end.
My problem is this I bought a 2008 a 6S line and from the get go I have never been able to get AMI to work correctly. I have the original 30 pin cable I have an aftermarket cable that as a simple USB port at the end as well as the Bovee tune to air Bluetooth adapter. I have tried plugging every device I have in an even brought it to the dealership to try a brand-new cable and I have never been able to get it to show the lightning symbol near the battery bar on any device making me think that perhaps there was no power to it. However when I use the generic court I got off of Amazon with a simple USB port it has power and lights up the small light that is on the USB drive does showing that it is receiving power. It also successfully shows my music that is on the USB drive as well as plays it without a hitch. The odd thing is that when I plug in my iPhone or iPad or any device for that matter it tells me that either my device is not working properly or not set up properly nor does it provide any power to the device. When I plug-in the Bovee tune to air Bluetooth it does not show any blue lights on it like it should when I would plug it into A simple power block in the wall for example. I have the latest 5570 update as well as the Ross tech VCDS program and dongle I have enabled auxiliary input and look through the guide with no success as to what the problem could be. My initial thought in the Y go back to all the time is that I should just buy a brand-new cable but even trying out a brand-new one at the dealership would not show any power to any device. Is there some fuse or relay or something that I am missing this whole time? I am absolutely stopped in actually feel stupid for having to post a question on here as this board is probably the most educated and well laid out for him I have come across in all of my years any help would be so helpful I cannot tell you thank you please ask any questions you may have or if I left anything out

Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you use amazon cable and you can browse music, so what is the problem? Not charging your device?
Old 02-24-2017, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles Carlson
First off let me say that I have research this topic for the last year and change on and off and have not found a definitive answer, so if this is a dumb question I'd be very surprised and let me apologize on the front end.
My problem is this I bought a 2008 a 6S line and from the get go I have never been able to get AMI to work correctly. I have the original 30 pin cable I have an aftermarket cable that as a simple USB port at the end as well as the Bovee tune to air Bluetooth adapter. I have tried plugging every device I have in an even brought it to the dealership to try a brand-new cable and I have never been able to get it to show the lightning symbol near the battery bar on any device making me think that perhaps there was no power to it. However when I use the generic court I got off of Amazon with a simple USB port it has power and lights up the small light that is on the USB drive does showing that it is receiving power. It also successfully shows my music that is on the USB drive as well as plays it without a hitch. The odd thing is that when I plug in my iPhone or iPad or any device for that matter it tells me that either my device is not working properly or not set up properly nor does it provide any power to the device. When I plug-in the Bovee tune to air Bluetooth it does not show any blue lights on it like it should when I would plug it into A simple power block in the wall for example. I have the latest 5570 update as well as the Ross tech VCDS program and dongle I have enabled auxiliary input and look through the guide with no success as to what the problem could be. My initial thought in the Y go back to all the time is that I should just buy a brand-new cable but even trying out a brand-new one at the dealership would not show any power to any device. Is there some fuse or relay or something that I am missing this whole time? I am absolutely stopped in actually feel stupid for having to post a question on here as this board is probably the most educated and well laid out for him I have come across in all of my years any help would be so helpful I cannot tell you thank you please ask any questions you may have or if I left anything out

Charles,
If you are in the US/Canada the latest supported MMI firmware is 46.1.0, therefore your update to the 5570 may be the issue. If that's not the issue...well it sounds like a cable thing, which imho can be very hit and miss, especially with 3rd party stuff.