A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

5.2 FSI V10 Supercharger Upgrade Available Soon

Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you seen a cost of the kit? It is more than half of the new S6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG8GDQpvIQI

Originally Posted by Sox6
I saw a while back that Stasis had developed a supercharger for the R8 V10. I wonder if there would be a solution they could come up with for the S6/S8?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Have you seen a cost of the kit? It is more than half of the new S6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG8GDQpvIQI
I have a feeling you and I are probably pretty similar. I'm really wondering why there's no supercharger or turbo upgrade for the v10 5.2...

It's pretty beastly as it is, but getting me well over 500 hp would be nice...
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not that I know of within any reasonable reach. Our rare V10s are soon to be replaced with new FI engines, so there is really no drive for aftermarket advancement of our current and limited technology.

Enjoy what you got, save some money and make your next car a stronger one from the start.

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
I have a feeling you and I are probably pretty similar. I'm really wondering why there's no supercharger or turbo upgrade for the v10 5.2...

It's pretty beastly as it is, but getting me well over 500 hp would be nice...
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You know... I may talk smack about how we need more power, but no 997TT or GTR or anything else forced induced has so much neck snapping bottom end torque delivered with not traction issues than our cars. This thing snaps my neck back so hard in first gear that it still seems to surprise me - even after 2 years of owning the damn thing. My fiance is down right terrified of driving the car in Sport mode...
Old 03-30-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not that I know of within any reasonable reach. Our rare V10s are soon to be replaced with new FI engines, so there is really no drive for aftermarket advancement of our current and limited technology.

Enjoy what you got, save some money and make your next car a stronger one from the start.
It could be argued that although the number of V10s in the wild will become static, the number of owners wanting to modify them will increase as the initial business lease or older owner sells at a more affordable price to us.

There's a rumor that JHM may be considering a SC for the V10, similar to their kit for the V8.
See the Projects link at jhmotorsports.com for a teaser regarding the V8 kit that's been released, although that's all the information I could find.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like JHM is also working on the carbon buildup issue (intake manifold injector?);
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...hread%29/page4
Old 03-30-2011, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Maybe you are right... but I still soubt it. I do not see why it would come around now after so many years during the last year these models are built. And I Never thought I'd say this, but with tranny issues that some of us S6 owners had to go through... I do not know how much extra HP/TQ they can handle even though these are supposed to be in the RS6s as well.

Originally Posted by EHLO
It could be argued that although the number of V10s in the wild will become static, the number of owners wanting to modify them will increase as the initial business lease or older owner sells at a more affordable price to us.

There's a rumor that JHM may be considering a SC for the V10, similar to their kit for the V8.
See the Projects link at jhmotorsports.com for a teaser regarding the V8 kit that's been released, although that's all the information I could find.

Last edited by DirtyVegasTT; 03-30-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting stuff. After seeing the new A7 and putzing with that, I'm thinking the next target for me might be an S7 after this S6 gets old. That being said, I want to mod the S6 (specifically APR ECU and Miltek exhaust) but I don't want to run afoul of my CPO.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You know... I may talk smack about how we need more power, but no 997TT or GTR or anything else forced induced has so much neck snapping bottom end torque delivered with not traction issues than our cars. This thing snaps my neck back so hard in first gear that it still seems to surprise me - even after 2 years of owning the damn thing. My fiance is down right terrified of driving the car in Sport mode...
Mine doesn't do that. Maybe I've got carbon build-up. I doubt the APR tune adds that much...
Old 04-03-2011, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I dunno, but in the 1st and S mode your car should be jumpy as all hell from bottom RPMs due to TQ. Carbon buildup was an issue for top end HP ant TQ, and APR did not do that much at the bottom either. I would almost trade some of the bottom end grunt that the S6 has for some top end HP... then it would be like a fat AWD M5!

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
Mine doesn't do that. Maybe I've got carbon build-up. I doubt the APR tune adds that much...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.2 FSI V10 Supercharger Upgrade Available Soon