A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Apple TV, Tech Mods and more in Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple TV, Tech Mods and more in Audi A6

Well, I am new here & a new Audi owner - I recently bought a 2010 Audi A6 Prestige (Ice Silver Metallic) - and being a tech savvy enthusiast I have been doing some mods (my last car was a 2005 Pontiac GTO (that had lots of tech mods).

I own a VAG-COM and have enabled A2DP bluetooth (using MMI hidden menu) over the stock AMI iPod cord (without having to use a modified cord thats acts like AUX (like many have done)) that allows for full media library interface over bluetooth with all iOS devices (using a bluetooth receiver on the stock AMI ipod cord) which is more accessibility than I've seen on most Audi forums - of course the basic other VAG COM mods have been enabled as well (Needle Sweep, Battery Meter, DRL always on, CD Rip, Video-in-motion, Convenience windows, etc)

But I am a media enthusiast and it couldn't stop there - and I like having a clean OEM dash - I wanted to enjoy my iOS media (including live TV (through my slingbox)) through my MMI - after much research I found a way to do it and if you are interested I can walk you through the process - I now have an Apple TV installed which allows me to mirror video and audio through the OEM MMI interface. With it anything my devices can do is now mirrored and able to be listened to through the beautiful BOSE and MMI (just by selecting it using MMI). Just before I go through explaining the whole process with pictures and more - I don't know anyone has any interest - so let me know and if your interested I will post the products needed, with some youtube and picture presentation.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

I for one would be interested in better understanding how you did this. Heck, I'd like to 'run with this' to evaluate non-Apple options as well, for example with MC (media center). I currently stream MC content to a WHS (Windows home server), which I can access from anywhere and am then able to pull this to a mobile phone and have it currently integrated to view in my other car.

I was hoping to better understand how to do this in my C6.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also very interested. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audiapple Show us your tech work.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also very interested.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok - I will tear it back down to get a complete tutorial written up - if you will bear with me I will try and get it done by the weekend - btw this will be capable beyond the just Apple TV as was mentioned by raj99
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Um... Very interested!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Looking forward to the write up. Fwiw I currently have a dennison 500 setup but would like an even richer solution to stream services and ideally display rich content on the actual mmi (ie, video)
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
Looking forward to the write up. Fwiw I currently have a dennison 500 setup but would like an even richer solution to stream services and ideally display rich content on the actual mmi (ie, video)
Only one concern now - although I will include your specifics - I am assuming you must have MMI 2G with the Denison 500 - I have MMI 3G but I do have very similar instructions on the 2G ill post the differences when the article is up
Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank-you much...I'm certain that both write-ups would be well received on this forum. Since there are many of us with both 2G and 3G MMI setup

Originally Posted by Audiapple
Only one concern now - although I will include your specifics - I am assuming you must have MMI 2G with the Denison 500 - I have MMI 3G but I do have very similar instructions on the 2G ill post the differences when the article is up

Quick Reply: Apple TV, Tech Mods and more in Audi A6