A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi A6 S line Navigation Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A6 S line Navigation Help

Hello I just purchased a 2006 Audi A6 S line Quattro and I was wondering why the screen says "Navigation not installed and what steps I need to take to install it. I purchased it from a private party vendor not from a dealer so I can't take it in. And also the guy who sold it said it doesn't have Aux but it has blue tooth so I'm trying to find out what ways I can listen to music from my phone on here but I can't figure it out, also i saw some video**** of people using sd cards I'm wondering if I can do that? Thanks for all the help
Old 12-04-2016, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Navigation was an option in 2006. Are you sure the option was installed on your car?
Old 12-04-2016, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Mzamudio2386
Hello I just purchased a 2006 Audi A6 S line Quattro and I was wondering why the screen says "Navigation not installed and what steps I need to take to install it. I purchased it from a private party vendor not from a dealer so I can't take it in. And also the guy who sold it said it doesn't have Aux but it has blue tooth so I'm trying to find out what ways I can listen to music from my phone on here but I can't figure it out, also i saw some video**** of people using sd cards I'm wondering if I can do that? Thanks for all the help
+1 on what Kevin said.

BTW, to confirm if you have navigation all you need to do is check the rear left inside panel of your trunk and if you don't see a DVD player, well then you don't have navigation.

As for listening to music streams over BT (A2DP), this has been asked and answered a TON of times - read through the following threads:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...dness-2902513/
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...-plug-2865608/

You can't do an SD card - that is only applicable to the 3G MMI system and since yours is a 06, it has the 2G MMI. However, if you go with a Dension 500 unit, you can do USB and such.
Old 12-16-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mzamudio2386
Pretty Simple... And there is a lot of misleading INFO out there. I will set you straight because I just DID THIS on the 2006 I bought last month.

Purchase the following:
DVD NAVIGATION unit Part # 4E0919887 (ebay about $120)
MOST Cable set (ebay about $60 with a power cable splitter)
NAV DVD ($50)

If you car has the shark fin antenna you will need a FAKRA extention cable. I made my own.

Don't believe any of the sites that say you can use a Hockey Puck style GPS antenna... They only work if they are stuck on the OUTSIDE of your car.

Once you connect all of that the MMI will update and pull in the satellite signals and you will be good. There are some additional settings that can be set with VAG-COM but mine were already setup, IE: Tire Size.
(I use a real inexpensive XTOOL-VAG401)

The Bluetooth is for the phone only and doesn't support A2DP. Which is Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (or Bluetooth Audio Streaming)

I went the route of XM Radio and added a Xm Radio Module Part # 4E0035593A (About $60 on ebay) and the Most adapter kit gave me 2 devices I could add. So the Nav and XM modules were perfect. The XM antenna is already in your trunk.

I should also state... The NAV Antenna connection is on your B PILLAR. About 1/2 way up. Remove the trim inside your car and carefully move it enough to get the antenna connected being careful of the airbag. I didn't remove mine all the way, but just enough to plug in the antenna.

So where did I get my NAV Antenna cable? Remember I said the Hockey Puck GPS Antennas don't work? I had 2 of them... Because when the first one didn't work, I bought a 2nd one. So I cut the cords, and used them for the FARKA connections and simple soldered the 2 cords together (at the correct length and used a small piece of aluiminum foil to keep the shielded wire intact.

It all works GREAT!!