A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi S6 water leakage

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S6 water leakage

Help!

My 5 month old Audi S6 was parked in rain today and when I returned after 3 hours there was a half inch of rain on the driver side floor. Further observation shows a water line on the passenger side floor. Whats going on? I am very upset.

Thank you

Philip
Old 12-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Welcome to the Audi water leak club!

I just got my wife's a4 Cab back from the dealer. For the last two years, if it was outside in a heavy rain (like when she was at work), the CEL would be on. There were always two offending parties (plus assorted others that varied) - the coolant temp sensor and the brake vacuum booster. Audi had it for a week under a water shower and even put it outside the other day during very heavy rain - nothing wet. Couldn't believe it but it still cost me over 1K to get the 'wet' components fixed.

So my wife is using my C6 Avant in the mean time. Heavy rain one day. 3 days later she tells me the radio didn't work. What that meant was the MMI was hung. I was only able to reset it after pushing a button on the CD player. Two days later, nothing worked (and no rain). No screen, no anything. So as I opened the rear hatch, water starts dripping out of the passenger side light on the bottom of the tailgate. As the tailgate lifted I could hear the water sloshing around. Same thing when I closed it. Then it started to drip out of the latch close button underneath next to the light. That was easy enough to pull out. I expected a flood. Nothing!! Still the same sloshing noise when opening or closing and the right side carpet covering on the tailgate seems to be damp.

Checking the front floors, everything seemed to be damp under the floor mats. Then I read the saga at the link below and was about ready to sell the car. What this guy has gone through is unreal. But maybe it will give you some clues on where to look. All I can say is good luck!

The most Lemon Audi A6 Avant strikes again
Old 12-20-2014, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ptsman
Help! My 5 month old Audi S6 was parked in rain today and when I returned after 3 hours there was a half inch of rain on the driver side floor. Further observation shows a water line on the passenger side floor. Whats going on? I am very upset. Thank you Philip
If you have water in the driver side, water must come from driver side unless water fill all the passenger side and goes over the bump in the middle of our car an fill the driver side. What year is your s6? Did you havea sunroof? If you have one, check for a clog drain.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks- the sunroof is clean and there was no evidence of water leak from there
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ptsman
Thanks- the sunroof is clean and there was no evidence of water leak from there
Is your car a 2014 model? Or older C6, like the rest of ours. Reading through your previous threads it appears you may have a newer model, if so, why not take it to the dealer and have them deal with it?
Old 12-28-2014, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

In my 2005 A6, the water drain under the anti theft alarm located under the cowl, removed it and that drained plug was filled with dirt, leaves etc, as soon as I poked it, all the water drained out. The sunroof drains are clean as I cleaned with a plastic vacuum line.
Now I hope that solves the problem with water coming inside the car on the passenger side.