Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 230863

Default Bad gas mileage these past two weeks?

I have a 2009 Audi A6 Avant with the 3.0T engine. In Boston, I used to get 11-13mpg in the city and 26-27 on the highway. Now I'm getting 8-9 city and 23-24 highway. Any ideas what could be wrong? I am having my spark plugs changed next week. I have 80k miles on the car. I'm a bit worried...

Thanks!
unref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 109908

It has been really cold and you have been driving on snow covered roads. That makes a difference
SchwarzS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 127679

Also when was the last time you replaced that fuel filter? Plus will make a difference no doubt. And consider the maf as a tertiary possible root
raj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 230863

Still getting terrible gas mileage... haven't gotten about 21 mpg on the highway, as before I was getting 25-26mpg. and it's been warm these past few weeks (sans the last three days)...

i haven't replaced the fuel filter. is that the same thing as the air filter? should i replace both?

what is a MAF?

thanks!

EDIT: It looks like I may have changed the fuel filter about a year ago. Should I replace it again?
unref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #5
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 179160

Quote:
Originally Posted by unref View Post
Still getting terrible gas mileage... haven't gotten about 21 mpg on the highway, as before I was getting 25-26mpg. and it's been warm these past few weeks (sans the last three days)...

i haven't replaced the fuel filter. is that the same thing as the air filter? should i replace both?

what is a MAF?

thanks!

EDIT: It looks like I may have changed the fuel filter about a year ago. Should I replace it again?
No if the fuel filter was replaced one year ago.

As for your increased fuel consumption. Check all your vacuum hoses for leaks. Vacuum hoses become brittle with time and constant exposure to the engine heat. Then in really cold weather the hose breaks.
haloguy628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement