A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

C6 S6 Modifications experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Have you considered try the OEM minus rear resonators, as some others have done.. Wondering if that's a happy medium for the little extra growl you're looking for.
That's what my S6 had... it was perfect. Normal sounding, and exotic when you got on it, but never obnoxious at all.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
That's what my S6 had... it was perfect. Normal sounding, and exotic when you got on it, but never obnoxious at all.
I was thinking of doing that before changing the exhaust. I probably should've done that...
Old 08-20-2011, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mplsC6S6
yep - there's not too many of us around in MPLS or in these forums.
Hello to all in the thread. I have to agree not many people from the midwest are on the forums. South Dakota myself. I am actually heading to Minneapolis next weekend and plan to test drive the A6 4.2 and the S6. I am just curious what your thoughts were on the two cars.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dkindels
Hello to all in the thread. I have to agree not many people from the midwest are on the forums. South Dakota myself. I am actually heading to Minneapolis next weekend and plan to test drive the A6 4.2 and the S6. I am just curious what your thoughts were on the two cars.
If I were you I would consider either the 3.0T or the s6. The new 3.0T is an incredible engine with big potential for significant HP and TQ gains with a few modifications - our family physician has done the STaSIS tune and STaSIS exhaust to his '09 3.0T and it is a COMPLETELY different vehicle. On the other hand, the S6 is the best option if you want a beast of a motor to start with..? In my opinion there is no replacement for displacement...

Side note: don't know if you're looking for a new or used vehicle but I currently have my S6 listed for sale. I wasn't planning on selling it, nor do I necessarily want to, but I have been presented with a deal I cannot pass up (involving a new X5 4.8ix from a family member who doesn't like it - kind of a no-brainer). So, if you're heading for Minneapolis and want to take a look, let me know..?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sox6
Did the dealer tell you what performance improvement you can expect from the STASIS tune? According to the Stasis website, they are saying +8hp for $1495. Is that right?
My dealer didn't know much as they hadn't installed one yet..? But I did talk to the folks at STaSIS for a while and they basically said the tune helped "fill in the gaps" throughout the power curve. In my own opinion - I have experienced better throttle response in both "D" and "S" mode, a quicker and higher power band in the same RPM ranges as before (pre-tune), and just a little more of a throw you back in your seat feeling when you get on it... (note this is just my opinion, as I have no dyno info, or anything other than my butt in the seat test.

So was it worth the price tag - I don't know..? If you have some extra $$ laying around - then maybe do it, otherwise I'll say it again, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it.."
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can definitely recommend the APR 93 Octane tune. It feels good - the exhaust seems like it's gotten louder, if that's possible.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mplsC6S6
If I were you I would consider either the 3.0T or the s6. The new 3.0T is an incredible engine with big potential for significant HP and TQ gains with a few modifications - our family physician has done the STaSIS tune and STaSIS exhaust to his '09 3.0T and it is a COMPLETELY different vehicle. On the other hand, the S6 is the best option if you want a beast of a motor to start with..? In my opinion there is no replacement for displacement...

Side note: don't know if you're looking for a new or used vehicle but I currently have my S6 listed for sale. I wasn't planning on selling it, nor do I necessarily want to, but I have been presented with a deal I cannot pass up (involving a new X5 4.8ix from a family member who doesn't like it - kind of a no-brainer). So, if you're heading for Minneapolis and want to take a look, let me know..?
I appreciate the input. I wasn't aware of the stasis package that was available on the new 3.0T. the package adds suspension, tires, rims, decals, and 76 HP plus 35 ft lbs of torque. All at a reasonable price. I have talked to a mechanic down here that raves about the reliability of the 4.2 V8. I will drive the 2 cars this weekend and see what I think. I am looking at buying maybe closer to November, but if I decide to go the route of the S6 then I will be in touch. Ill update what I thought of the two cars after I get a chance to get behind the wheel.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just as a note I'm planning on dynoing my car with my current mods and then having it cleaned (~26k miles on it) and dynoing it again.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jmlinmn
Just as a note I'm planning on dynoing my car with my current mods and then having it cleaned (~26k miles on it) and dynoing it again.
Looking forward to seeing the results!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

same here...just got mine decarboned but no dyno.

Quick Reply: C6 S6 Modifications experience