A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

cell ligt on panel. converter? 3.2fsi

Old 05-31-2014, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cell ligt on panel. converter? 3.2fsi

Hey. Im new here, but i must give up the dealer. And ask here. I have buy this car from a old man, so not have drive him since november 2013. Last long life was at 120 t km. Gear tips
cel light turn on. tiptronic 6 gear HAV zf.
The car had problem to get normal ,and in 1900-2100rpm it was Hacking, lugging, like engine goes higher Then rpm ( like 4000 rpm. But Only 1900. Always happend when motor is warm. Speciel when i must drive on highway up, lugging, i change new sparks , and new motor oil and filter. Drive so to red line when motor was norm temp , i do That for 30 sek, 3 times in 3 gear. Some say is converter. But now all is ok. Km is 152.000 now 2005 mod. Audi dont find any diagnose, ( but cell light was ok when they check. Will it be ok now? For how long? Was no smoke eksos when i burn" high rpm.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by audifsi3.2
Hey. Im new here, but i must give up the dealer. And ask here. I have buy this car from a old man, so not have drive him since november 2013. Last long life was at 120 t km. Gear tips
cel light turn on. tiptronic 6 gear HAV zf.
The car had problem to get normal ,and in 1900-2100rpm it was Hacking, lugging, like engine goes higher Then rpm ( like 4000 rpm. But Only 1900. Always happend when motor is warm. Speciel when i must drive on highway up, lugging, i change new sparks , and new motor oil and filter. Drive so to red line when motor was norm temp , i do That for 30 sek, 3 times in 3 gear. Some say is converter. But now all is ok. Km is 152.000 now 2005 mod. Audi dont find any diagnose, ( but cell light was ok when they check. Will it be ok now? For how long? Was no smoke eksos when i burn" high rpm.
I'm assuming that English is not your first language, so this was VERY difficult to comprehend. However, before you get too far along, I understand there is a CEL (check engine light) on and that there is an rpm related issue.

Step #1 in your case is pull data with a vag-com cable (VCDS Ross-tech) and post us the faults you see. That is pretty well the only way we can do remote troubleshooting for this type of issue.

You mentioned changing plugs, how about spark plug wires? fuel filter change? there are lots of options...but more data is required.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey. Thanksgiving for answer. You mean this cable, controller and auto scan ?
http://www.obd2.no/produkt/vag-com-vcds/hex-usbcan-intelligent-dual-k-plus-can-usb-interface

Originally Posted by raj99
I'm assuming that English is not your first language, so this was VERY difficult to comprehend. However, before you get too far along, I understand there is a CEL (check engine light) on and that there is an rpm related issue.

Step #1 in your case is pull data with a vag-com cable (VCDS Ross-tech) and post us the faults you see. That is pretty well the only way we can do remote troubleshooting for this type of issue.

You mentioned changing plugs, how about spark plug wires? fuel filter change? there are lots of options...but more data is required.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just FYI, there are much cheaper options too: just get an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter (sold on amazon, ebay, etc.) and use an Android app to check your faults. There are 2 main apps I'd recommend:

Carista - diagnoses VW/Audi-specific ECUs, like VCDS; also, can change customization settings
Torque - diagnoses engine only (via OBD2, no Audi-specific stuff); can also display real-time engine data

Carista costs $10 and Torque Pro costs about $5. The Bluetooth adapter is around $10-20. So overall, much cheaper than VCDS, and even cheaper than going to a service shop ONCE.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

http://www.obd2.no/produkt/vag-com-v...-usb-interface
this is what a REAL VCDS is: http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

It will give you FULL access to the functionality of the vag system and supported through Ross-Tech
Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by todor
Just FYI, there are much cheaper options too: just get an ELM327 Bluetooth adapter (sold on amazon, ebay, etc.) and use an Android app to check your faults. There are 2 main apps I'd recommend:

Carista - diagnoses VW/Audi-specific ECUs, like VCDS; also, can change customization settings
Torque - diagnoses engine only (via OBD2, no Audi-specific stuff); can also display real-time engine data

Carista costs $10 and Torque Pro costs about $5. The Bluetooth adapter is around $10-20. So overall, much cheaper than VCDS, and even cheaper than going to a service shop ONCE.

So I've played around a little with the ELM327 and w/Carista. All you are getting is a generic OBDII reader and basic fault reset functionality. It's not anywhere the same level of functionality as the RossTech product, nor does it allow the coding in and out of items via long-code, etc...

If all you need is basic OBDII functionality, there are numerous ones available, even the generic cables that run RossTech lite version of s/w are better than 90+% of the Wallyworld obd2 kits being sold for $25 or so.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.obd2.no/produkt/vag-com-v...-usb-interface
Yes, that is the Norwegian distributor for VCDS.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I've played around a little with the ELM327 and w/Carista. All you are getting is a generic OBDII reader and basic fault reset functionality. It's not anywhere the same level of functionality as the RossTech product, nor does it allow the coding in and out of items via long-code, etc...

If all you need is basic OBDII functionality, there are numerous ones available, even the generic cables that run RossTech lite version of s/w are better than 90+% of the Wallyworld obd2 kits being sold for $25 or so.
Completely agree.

I've got one of those ELM devices from back when we had a *shudder* Saturn.
Sits on a shelf now, wasted money since VCDS also has OBDII functionality.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Hey. i have buyed this vcsd( wait for it). there is

this is what a REAL VCDS is: http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

It will give you FULL access to the functionality of the vag system and supported through Ross-Tech
There is no fault to see/ find when scan and light panel is away". The transmission man ZF called me yesterday , and he say he dont think the tronic is the problem, But coils, and spark leaders. I told how i had drive, ( very hard, and the problem can Maybe fix it self now. But im not sure. Must the cell light be yellow to find the problem? The symptoms was lugging/ Hacking between 1800-2000 rpm. Like the engine dont get enough fuel, sorry for my bad English. And thanx for all respons here. Is not like that in Norway forum Audi. I will change the transmission oil , not Lifetime so Audi say, and hope i dont get problem after flush the converter
Old 06-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Hey. i have buyed this vcsd( wait for it). there is

I think this is more easy to use.

What's the difference between VCDS and an OBD-II Scan-Tool?
OBD-II is a government mandated diagnostic protocol that is primarily aimed at diagnosing emissions-related problems.** An OBD-II scan tool will work in many different brands of cars.* VCDS uses VW's proprietary diagnostic protocol and and is only designed and supported for use in VW/Audi vehicles.* Although you can use an OBD-II Scan Tool in an OBD-II compliant (1996 or newer) VW or Audi, an OBD-II Scan Tool can only talk to the engine, not the numerous other "intelligent" systems in the car.** Want to reprogram your central locks or your Radio?* Diagnose a problem with your ABS, Airbags, or Automatic Transmission?* Re-align your Immobilizer after swapping ECU's?* Reset your Service Reminder Indicators?** Communicate with a pre-1996 model (not OBD-II compliant) car?* An OBD-II Scan-Tool can't do any of these things. Please see our OBD-II Page for information on using the Generic OBD-II function in VCDS. Want some reasons to choose VCDS over a generic OBD-II scan tool? See this Real World Comparison.**

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cell ligt on panel. converter? 3.2fsi