A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

engine light (icon) shows up on the dash

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE:

Just put a new piece of hose on & cleared the codes. Engine light went off & stayed off. Checked for codes again to be sure & "no codes".

Thank you again.

Originally Posted by audi bug
Pull off the front engine cover and follow the vacuum line to the driver's side.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by audiN00b1
UPDATE:

Just put a new piece of hose on & cleared the codes. Engine light went off & stayed off. Checked for codes again to be sure & "no codes".

Thank you again.
You are welcome and glad to help.
It was bad design from Audi if it expected that hard plastic would take engine vibration and last many years. I used silicone vacuum hose to replace section of it.

Last edited by audi bug; 03-03-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This is great! I have the same exact problem with the broken hose. Did you get the replacement at an auto parts store?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emmm
This is great! I have the same exact problem with the broken hose. Did you get the replacement at an auto parts store?
Yes, just pick up some 3.5 mm silicone vacuum hose from Autozone or the like and some male adapters. A word of wisdom is to pull the reservoir tank (directly above) off, to get your hands easier access to the hose that is broken behind the headlight. Also there is a small cable hold that you can undo the vacuum line to give yourself some more slack. All in all about a half hour job if this is your first time.

Thanks everyone else for their posts, really appreciated!
J
The following users liked this post:
PofC (07-11-2022)
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update

My P2070, P2006 & P2007 codes came up from time to time so I finally decided to tackle this job this long weekend. My vacuum line was cracked by the inside 90° turn near the oil dip stick. While disconnecting the old vacuum line it kept breaking in differences places, it was very brittle. Not sure if this happened with age or if the lines were brittle hard plastic to begin with. I ended up cutting the line with clamp coming from under the power steering tank and placed a male/male reducing adapter to connect the lines together. I used the smallest reducing adapter on this assortment kit.
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=2059902
It fitted the new vacuum line and the other bigger end coming from the car like a glove. Thank you Audi Bug.
Attached Images    

Last edited by jujuC6; 02-19-2013 at 09:49 AM.
PofC (07-11-2022)
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jujuC6
My P2070, P2006 & P2007 codes came up from time to time so I finally decided to tackle this job this long weekend.
jujuC6,
Nice update with pictures event though your engine bay needs some clean up.

Why don't you create a whole new thread with the information in this thread. You have my permission to use all my info.
This thread title doesn't have codes and doesn't show up as top search. I was thinking about doing myself, but I think you will do a better job.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi bug
Pull off the front engine cover and follow the vacuum line to the driver's side.

A couple of more pictures are added because some people have no idea where this vacuum hose is connected due to completely missing section of vacuum hose.

Routing of the vacuum hose is marked with a red line.
The section with dotted line is well hidden and hard to fiqure out where it ends. It is connected to a hose with a metal clamp below the power steering fluid reservoir (circled in the picture).

Close up view of the connectiong hose here. I replaced the broken section with a silicone vacuum hose. It was not easy because there is not much room. You will have more room if you free up the power steering fluid reservoir and push it aside.

You need 3.5mm ID silicone vacuum hose like one below. Cut off the existing hard line and make it as an male adaptor.
If I am redoing it, I will buy a vacuum line adaptor for the side under the power steering fluid reservoir to make it stronger.
You shoud be able to get all of them at Autozone.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...uestid=1188866

https://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...er=51731470035
Thanks posting this information. I was able to fix the issue very easily. I couldn't find the 3.5 mm hose, Autozone only has SAE hoses so i used 7/32 and 47308 dorman kit. Cleared the check engine light with the Torque app on my phone. It's good to go. Thanks again.
PofC (07-12-2022)
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default P2006, P2007, AND P2404 COST

To All,
I have an Audi A6 2005 with 71K Miles - I read the helpful posts about the codes (P2006, P2007, AND P2404) WOULD ANYBODY TELL ME THE APPROXIMATE COST OF THESE PROBLEMS . THANK YOU ALL
Old 06-09-2013, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Firstly, you should look up the codes yourself: ross-tech is a good starting point.

Secondly, when you ask for costs, are you referring to the parts you will need? Having a mechanic do the work, or what?

You should realize the costs are not directly correlated to codes. For example, codes 'may' give an indication of what's at fault, but someone with experience will be able to deduce what is the core issue and the underlying resolution.

You sound like a newbie, so my advice to you would be find out what the codes you posted mean, post the content, then decide what your own mechanical capabilities are if you are willing to get your hands dirty and have your car perhaps undriveable and unwarrantied whilst you attempt repairs.

The pay scale for professional advice will be determined by a number of factors, but I always recommend paying the extra $$ if you have confidence in the person's ability. Where are you located? Search the local forums to see if someone has a local person who they would recommend. Personally, I do most of the maintenance myself, however for jobs I just don't have the time, patience, and expertise on there's a person I will gladly hand the keys to my car to.

Good luck

Originally Posted by realamir
To All,
I have an Audi A6 2005 with 71K Miles - I read the helpful posts about the codes (P2006, P2007, AND P2404) WOULD ANYBODY TELL ME THE APPROXIMATE COST OF THESE PROBLEMS . THANK YOU ALL
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
Firstly, you should look up the codes yourself: ross-tech is a good starting point.

Secondly, when you ask for costs, are you referring to the parts you will need? Having a mechanic do the work, or what?

You should realize the costs are not directly correlated to codes. For example, codes 'may' give an indication of what's at fault, but someone with experience will be able to deduce what is the core issue and the underlying resolution.

You sound like a newbie, so my advice to you would be find out what the codes you posted mean, post the content, then decide what your own mechanical capabilities are if you are willing to get your hands dirty and have your car perhaps undriveable and unwarrantied whilst you attempt repairs.

The pay scale for professional advice will be determined by a number of factors, but I always recommend paying the extra $$ if you have confidence in the person's ability. Where are you located? Search the local forums to see if someone has a local person who they would recommend. Personally, I do most of the maintenance myself, however for jobs I just don't have the time, patience, and expertise on there's a person I will gladly hand the keys to my car to.

Good luck
Thank you for great and complete Advice.

Quick Reply: engine light (icon) shows up on the dash