A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Heated steering wheel and Thule roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated steering wheel and Thule roof rack

So, after a RT trip to Connecticut in temps as low as 7 degrees F, I've learned the heated steering wheel is a keeper, even at the expense of losing the 3-spoke sport wheel.

OTOH, I just received the Thule Aeroblade Edge roof rack, and after spending a considerable amount of time trying to decipher the installation instructions, I finally mounted them and quickly concluded they are hideous. They transform the sleek avant profile into something utilitarian. If I wanted that look, I would have gone with a Subaru Outback. Back to the store they go. Now I know why the PO had installed a low-profile trailer hitch mount. Time to take a look at a hitch-mount bike rack.

Last edited by AlphaPenguin; 01-20-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 160 Likes on 115 Posts

Since I am the only one in my family who bikes I just fold down the seat and put the bike in the back. Roof racks are nosey and if you ever forget the bikes are up there when you pull in the garage…
Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaPenguin
So, after a RT trip to Connecticut in temps as low as 7 degrees F, I've learned the heated steering wheel is a keeper, even at the expense of losing the 3-spoke sport wheel.

OTOH, I just received the Thule Aeroblade Edge roof rack, and after spending a considerable amount of time trying to decipher the installation instructions, I finally mounted them and quickly concluded they are hideous. They transform the sleek avant profile into something utilitarian. If I wanted that look, I would have gone with a Subaru Outback. Back to the store they go. Now I know why the PO had installed a low-profile trailer hitch mount. Time to take a look at a hitch-mount bike rack.
What hitch do you have installed? I'm looking for one you can't really see. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2015, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaPenguin

I use Thule for snoboards, bikes and use the crossbars whenever I need some building material in home depot. They sort of change the look of the car, but I like the function of it. I personally dislake the hitch based mounts because they make the car longer.
As alternative take a look at audi manual. They mention some sort of the way to put two bikes in the trunk.