A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-07-2016, 01:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

how to replace side marker bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we all talking about the same side light? The yellow one closest to the fog lamp, not the bubble blinker light on the side... right? doesn't look like I could pop that lens off without damage.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

yes thats the one we are talking about i believe the correcct way is from underneath the car. remove the belly pan and push outward somehow
Old 03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I am talking about this one - I painted mine. You need to use a fine tip screwdriver - maybe a knife might work.
Attached Images  
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys. the easiest way to get to that light without scratching anything, or braking anything is to pop off the fog light grill. Just grab them, pull on the side closest to the center of the car then pull the rest off. Then you can reach in and pop the side marker off by squeezing the retainer clip with your hand. Easy as pie, and it takes less then 2 minutes.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Cool thanks all.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Poping out the fog light assembly worked like a charm. Thanks
Old 03-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually found that popping out the lens with a utility knife from the outside was far easier then removing the fog assembly grille to reach up for the light bulb. No damage to the paint at all when being careful. Very useful information......Thanks guys.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Any update here from others? I need to replace a bulb and am debating whether to go with any of these or just replace the bulb. Can someone take a pic of their A6 with these in?
Old 02-01-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just replaced my driver's side, side light using the "remove the fog light grill method." Thanks for all the previous advice! Worked out fine, even though I was afraid I was going to snap it in half. Couple of hindsight pointers. The inside clips on the fog light grill work as you might expect, they release as you might open a door, swing out from in to out. There is another pair of clips, top and bottom, in the middle of the grill (left side of the lights), that angle towards the back of the car. And more at the very end, including some back to back clips that squeeze together and push through an opening in the direction of the tire well. So. Once the inside clips are released, don't continue to "swing open the door." The other clips point more or less towards the rear of the car, so to release them I should have pulled the grill straight out towards the front of the vehicle. Now I know. One more thing. If you do decide to simply try to pry out the light housing, on my model, the only metal clip is on the rear side of the light. At the front it is a molded, plastic hinge that fits into a slot. So, it would have to pry from the rear side, where the metal clip is, and swung out, back to front. The bulb socket on my unit pulls straight out. If it were twisted, it would break some tabs that hold it in place.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ha! Thanks for the easy to understand instructions on how to pop the cover without doing any other extra work. Took me a minute to get the best angle (and not damage my car) but that was it. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: how to replace side marker bulb?