A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@rstoer your recommendation for the fix worked great. Also did not have to remove the clip which was a bit stubborn. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkrokosz
@rstoer your recommendation for the fix worked great. Also did not have to remove the clip which was a bit stubborn. Thanks!
Your welcome! Glad it worked out for you. I still have the car and mine's still working fine.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default "side" effects - '06 A6

I am quite sure I have the same problem, and I have for a while. No biggie in Winter, as I live in Wisconsin. I am able to turn the temp all the way up, then all the way down and get the vents to correct themselves. Now I have a whole host of problems that may be related, and I am up against a wall. The ABS, ESP, and Parking brake lights were on all the time, and none of the associated systems worked. On June 8, I tried to start the car and it wouldn't. I had the car ('06 A6) towed to an Audi dealer, and after 3 months and 17 days they had replaced the Can Bus module (which was totally corroded inside) but couldn't find any other sources for the other lights. They replaced all of the components identified by codes, to no avail. They said they weren't comfortable spending any more time on it and they sent me home. I've now added flashing "brake" light and "ignition lock defective" since bringing it home yesterday. I feel like the wild temperature swings inside the dash area caused condensation buildup on the CAN-Bus module, and maybe some other electrical components. The dealer said they inspected all relays, modules, wire bundles and they were clean, but something is horribly wrong. Thanks in advance for suggestions/observations.
Old 10-22-2015, 12:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by rseider
I am quite sure I have the same problem, and I have for a while. No biggie in Winter, as I live in Wisconsin. I am able to turn the temp all the way up, then all the way down and get the vents to correct themselves. Now I have a whole host of problems that may be related, and I am up against a wall. The ABS, ESP, and Parking brake lights were on all the time, and none of the associated systems worked. On June 8, I tried to start the car and it wouldn't. I had the car ('06 A6) towed to an Audi dealer, and after 3 months and 17 days they had replaced the Can Bus module (which was totally corroded inside) but couldn't find any other sources for the other lights. They replaced all of the components identified by codes, to no avail. They said they weren't comfortable spending any more time on it and they sent me home. I've now added flashing "brake" light and "ignition lock defective" since bringing it home yesterday. I feel like the wild temperature swings inside the dash area caused condensation buildup on the CAN-Bus module, and maybe some other electrical components. The dealer said they inspected all relays, modules, wire bundles and they were clean, but something is horribly wrong. Thanks in advance for suggestions/observations.
I just had the same problem this morning. The side vents were blowing warm air. I didn't check the vents in the back.

I just read rstoer recommendations which are so clear and concise!!! Will try it during the weekend!

rseider I think you might want to replace your battery and see if it fixes your issue. All of your symptoms are bad battery related in my opinion.

Last edited by kelisko; 10-22-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kelisko
I just had the same problem this morning. The side vents were blowing warm air. I didn't check the vents in the back.

I just read rstoer recommendations which are so clear and concise!!! Will try it during the weekend!

rseider I think you might want to replace your battery and see if it fixes your issue. All of your symptoms are bad battery related in my opinion.
rseider,
It sounds like you have two problems. Only the hot air blowing from the outside vents will be remedied by my procedure. The other problems are not related. Kelisko may be right about the battery.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Rstoer I followed your instructions and it fixed a part of the problem. I had to let the car blow hot air with the AC set on HIGH for a while to fix the problem for good (I hope). I suspect humidity or even water in the system as there was water in the coils when I opened then. I though that was normal but now that I think about the whole thing, that water was probably causing issues.

I ran into a minor problem when I was placing the torx screws back. One of them (middle, facing the engine) broke. I was not screwing it too hard though.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Hot air blows from upper and side vents..HELP!!

Hi guys.

I need your help....

Couple of weeks ago I've decided to clean my A/C system with cleaning foam(no comments...)
I used one with 25 cm elastic hose.
During spraying-in the foam, I've noticed some leaks above glove box(not from the vent......!
Next day AC did not work at all.After 250 km A/C started to work properly.
I left my car for couple of days.When I came back and turned-on the A/C-it worked.But then, when the engine reached 90*C from both sides, passenger and diver , hot air blown out.Also on the windscreen.
I found out, that maybe valves are sticking inside the control unit, under the bonnet.Yesterday I have cleaned up the valves.It didn't solve the problem.
Obviously , I have drained some electricity with the cleaning foam .....

Here are the faults after scanning with VCDS:

00797 Sunlight Photo Sensor (G107)
009 - Open or Short to Ground

Also, right after "cleaning" vent system two of the faults appeared:

02763 Potentiometer for Motor of Indirect Ventilation Valve (G330),
007 - Short to Ground Freeze Frame

00041 Indirect Ventilation Flap Motor (V213)
003 - Mechanical Failure

I couldn't get rid of them them until yesterday.

Yesterday I've checked if the motor V213 works.
While switching the modes of the vents it moves back and forward.
Rest of the motors works just fine.

Is there any thermostat, sensor etc responsible for the flaps, air flow, etc....?

Where I can find this Potentiometer for Motor of Indirect Ventilation Valve (G330)?

I spent days and days on the internet but no one could help me...

The worse thing is - in 10 days I have to drive for 2500km in sauna conditions....

help....
Old 12-28-2015, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Try this: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...crazy-2893162/

The tape will hold just a few days but will eventually tear down because of the humidity. Sticking tiny pieces of cloth in the cover head and forcing it to close which pushes the pistons down "seems" to work. It's been 5 days since I did that and the A/C is still working. With the tape it works 2 or 3 days. Anyways, the goal is to have the pistons stuck down.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for quick response kelisko.

I forgot to mention - I get hot air even without the A/C on.
I have winter here(well, sort of p: ) and I use ventilation without the A/C.
We are going for skis, that is why the distance is quite depressing.....

Is it normal to have some liquid where the pistons are(is it coolant?)
If I put fingers on the valve unit and other person will switch the ventilation flow on the panel, will I notice pistons are working?.I have stetoscope
One more question-those pistons go up and down only when the A/C is on or both modes - A/C and normal ventilation?
Old 12-28-2015, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Nasty Mosquito
Thanks for quick response kelisko.

I forgot to mention - I get hot air even without the A/C on.
I have winter here(well, sort of p: ) and I use ventilation without the A/C.
We are going for skis, that is why the distance is quite depressing.....

Is it normal to have some liquid where the pistons are(is it coolant?)
If I put fingers on the valve unit and other person will switch the ventilation flow on the panel, will I notice pistons are working?.I have stetoscope
One more question-those pistons go up and down only when the A/C is on or both modes - A/C and normal ventilation?
Well my fix disables the heater which means you can set your A/C to blow cold/cool air but not hot air. But if you want just air (not cold/not hot) then you can press the ECON button on your A/C controller to turn the compressor off.

Quick Reply: HVAC Blows very hot air on side vents